• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Collectors' influence maps

5 posts in this topic

What made you the collector you are today?

Maybe an artist whose work sends shivers down your spine. Or comics that you coveted as a kid. Could be a movie or a novel that inspired you, or a fanzine that connected you to fandom for the first time.

With an influence map, you can make a statement about what's shaped you as a collector. I made a quick map for myself, which I've added below.

If anyone else would like to make one, you can find the meme here.

ark_influence_map_edit.png

This right here. I bought comics off the newstands but for casual reading. I never gave it any thought to seek out back issues or to try and put together runs or a collection.

This one tipped me over the edge. After my grandpa bought me this I was "hooked" I sought out to find every issue I could find before it. Once I got 'em all, I was in deep and started buying all kinds of stuff...

mad72_zps5wmcbf1k.jpg

That would be great but for the non-photoshop skilled... I cannot do this..

So... maybe there is something I am missing... I have an iPhone App that let's me do something similar but not as many squares. Would be nice to do if it allowed an easy way to make one of these.

I thought it was just me but someone ahead of me seems to be saying the same thing.