• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Target Comics #65

13 posts in this topic

This is definitely the nicest GA book in my collection, might be the nicest any-era book in my collection. I know GA usually gets a bump at the CGC, so what would this book grade as?

It's as glossy and crisp as the day it was printed in 1945. No rust, off-white-white pages, and the interior covers are bright, bright white. The only problems include a tiny bump llhc and maybe two spine ticks at the top of the staples. My wife tried to convince me it was a modern-reprint....

Premium%20-%20Target%20Comics%20065%201_zpsrujne40h.jpg

Premium%20-%20Target%20Comics%20065%202_zpsnzp6r6om.jpg

I'll guess 9.0 due to the staple stresses and the red looking dust shadow. It's its rust from another book or something maybe a VF+?

I'll guess 9.0 due to the staple stresses and the red looking dust shadow. It's its rust from another book or something maybe a VF+?

I don't see any rust staining anywhere. You know, I'm not a 100% that is a dust shadow on the top cover (through title) or spine. If you look at the yellow/red.black in the title as well as the blacks of the leaves near the spine you'll notice no fading at all. Only the blue and green seem to change color. I think it must be a printing error. Can anyone confirm this?

I don't see any rust staining anywhere. You know, I'm not a 100% that is a dust shadow on the top cover (through title) or spine. If you look at the yellow/red.black in the title as well as the blacks of the leaves near the spine you'll notice no fading at all. Only the blue and green seem to change color. I think it must be a printing error. Can anyone confirm this?

Yes, this must be a printing error of one type or another as opposed to sun damage since there is no fading with respect to the red and yellow colors.

FWIW: The deep blue color on my copy goes right to the top of the cover. :gossip: