• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please help me locate a story.

1 post in this topic

Back in the late 40s, early 50s my father would go to a barber shop to get his hair cut and they would have comics to read while he had it done

There's one story that my father remembers from 50 years ago that he has always mentioned, but so many years have passed that he isn't sure exactly what the comic was.

He thinks the word Detective may have been in the title, and he seems to remember a white cover, but again 50 years have passed so he may be mixing memories.

Anyway the story he always mentions goes like this:

A plane crashes in the mountains and this guy who survives the crash gives a note to a dog that says he needs help. The dog runs through a few panels up through snowy mountains and valleys up and down. He ends up on the outskirts of a town. But, before he can deliver his message a dog catchers net goes over the dog.

Any idea what this is from? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif