• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

De-slabbed CGC Label Collector

70 posts in this topic

Crumbs can't a guy have a simple.collection of CGC labels without people making accusations!!!

I know. I get the same response to my necklace of severed fingers. What I collect is kool., what you collect is . Why are people so judgmental.

?????????

Crumbs can't a guy have a simple.collection of CGC labels without people making accusations!!!

Because we all know that forged slabs/labels are completely possible…and that is just by people who copy a label. If someone were to get ahold of a real label and a real slab, they could sell fake copies all day long.

Plus this is the internet, everyone takes their own suspicions and runs with it. You tell someone that you "collect guns and bank blueprints", do you not expect them to suspect you of being a bank robber?

I am sure there are some nice SW cardbacks that you also collect that are just waiting for the right figures to come along with so you can reseal them with vintage bubbles.

I figured as the thread went along it was just poking fun / trolling. Still though in a thread like this it is important to warn about what could really be done if someone went around grabbing old labels especially to key books.

Thanks to a very generous board member I've completed my NM#98 run! I'm now very much looking forward to having label collecting added to the registry set awards.

As an aside I'm looking at starting a pedigreed label collection too. I already have a Church/Mile High one - signed by Chuck!!!! Adding enormously to its value, I'm keeping it in a cedar box for a while to replicate the famous Church odor.

Though obviously its really the love of the label I'm primerily interested in.

The monetary value is really just an added bonus.

As soon as the special sketched Perez label is more widely available I'm going to commission him to colour in it,making it a truly one off collectible!

I need some old label CGC ones for some of my ASM's. I have an idea of what they are actually graded, I just want label to make it legit. (I like old label because if you get them regraded now, their usually a higher grade).

K THX bye.

:baiting:

As an aside I'm looking at starting a pedigreed label collection too. I already have a Church/Mile High one - signed by Chuck!!!! Adding enormously to its value, I'm keeping it in a cedar box for a while to replicate the famous Church odor.

But was the signature witnessed? Otherwise you've just degraded the condition of the label.

But was the signature witnessed? Otherwise you've just degraded the condition of the label.

Well as I'm now officially barred from entering anything into the SS then it's a moot point as I couldn't get it graded anyway.

Hmmmm maybe I could get another company to grade CGC labels!