• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

heroclix

57 posts in this topic

At a recent show my stepson bought a few of the heroclix...not to play a game with but just because the detail is pretty astonishing...especially on the Ghost Rider one... thumbsup2.gif

yah....the ghost rider is one of my fave sculpts....never play it....but it looks purty...

lol Must be your Midwest inbred humor. MK, we don't believe in incest relations out here in California. However if you choose to make your whole family your inner sex circle, then by all means go at it. It takes all kinds I guess. screwy.gif

27_laughing.gif No, you Cali people would rather let murderers run free and allow pop star pedophiles to pay off their accusers! makepoint.gifinsane.gifscrewy.gif

"It takes all kinds I guess."

Last year on FCBD, one of my LCS's was giving away some of the little Herolix statues, trying to get people interested in the game. I've never had any interest in the game, but I picked out a "green Hulk" statue. I've got it on my monitor stand here at work. Neat little statues.

I love heroclix and play somewhat regularly. I have like thousands of 'em. I've gotten 'em by the case load, I have the big figs (Sentinel, Sinestro, Galactus), and I have a couple custom jobs I've made myself.

The game is fairly easy. Each figure has a rotating base with stats on it. Representing: movement, attack power, defense rating, and damge rating. These stats change as the battle progesses, and some of the stats have a corresponding colored square around them which represents a super power, such as "blades/claws" for Wolverine, or "super strength" for the Hulk. These powers change as well with the different clicks.

On the base of the figure itself are a couple additional stats which do not change. These are: Range of attack, how many targets can be attacked on one turn, and the point value of that figure. Point values come into play when you are building your team. A pre-determined amount is decided on for each players team. It all depends on how big of a game you want, and how long you want to play. I like playing games with teams valued at 1000 or above. But most tournament teams have to be around the 200-300 level.

The gameplay is then pretty simple. You get a certain number of moves per turn. You take your moves (either moving or attacking with your characters) and mark each figure that performed an action with a token. If a figure moves two turns in a row they strain themselves and take "push damage". (A few characters have "willpower" which allows them to go twice in a row without pushing, like Captain America). No character can move three turns in a row.

Flying characters can taxi non-flyers around. Stealth characters can hide in bushes or trees (Black Panther, Batman).

One of the more disputed points in the game is "line of fire." This is when you determine if your character has a clear line of fire to shoot at your enemy. Many arguments break out over this issue, as sometimes it is really up for debate. But most of the time it's clear.

There are different types of games, and different ways to win. The most common of course is last man standing. But there are cool scenarios you can play as well.

There are additonal maps (like Batcave, Avengers mansion, Metropolis, etc) and objects available (soda machines, light posts). But as of yet no 3D buildings or vehicles. But I have seen some SICK custom 3D terrains. At WizWorld East last year, they had the entire chemical plant of the Jokers origin built. It was great.

One of the toughest things is keeping track of all the powers (there are cards to help) and remembering what powers you can use at any given time.

But overall, this is a great game for any comic book fan. I really enjoy playing out so many scenarios that I always wanted to see in comics.

Here are some new figs coming out: Convention Exclusive: DARK PHOENIX (this figure is HUGE (like a foot tall)by the way)

HMMM_220.jpg

And here are two new DC figs coming out next week: Kingdom Come GL and Flash...

HDLG_096.jpg

HDLG_095.jpg

Thought this Ares looked cool...

HDLG_088.jpg

I've got a case of Legacy on order and am really hoping to pull the GL and an Ares and would really like to get all the CSA figs...

I so want to go to a con and try and win a Dark Phoenix, but i know i won't....really want her and a Galactus...

You can just buy one, you don't have to win it. Just get there early, the lines for the Galactus were ridiculous last year! I was not able to get one the first day. Only one the second day when I went down there at like 5 in the morning could I get a decent spot in line and get one. Worth it though! Hopefully it will be better organized this year.

You can just buy one, you don't have to win it. Just get there early, the lines for the Galactus were ridiculous last year! I was not able to get one the first day. Only one the second day when I went down there at like 5 in the morning could I get a decent spot in line and get one. Worth it though! Hopefully it will be better organized this year.

oh hey...that's cool.....i thought i'd read somewhere it was gonna be a lottery system to buy them....

neat....almost tempting now.....almost...

oh hey...that's cool.....i thought i'd read somewhere it was gonna be a lottery system to buy them....

It was a lottery system at San Diego and Gencon. Don' tknow about elsewhere...

It was a lottery system at San Diego and Gencon. Don' tknow about elsewhere...

Lottery in Dallas as well.

You stood in line to get a ticket.

Every hour they would call 5 numbers.

Those 5 ticket holders could buy a Galactus.

I used to play, but gave up more than a year ago.

I made a hefty profit when I sold them all on eBay. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Resurrected

Over the course of the past year, I have been getting more into the playing of Heroclix and playing in some tournaments. I bought heavily into Brave and the Bold, Web of Spider-man, DC 75th.

Anyone else want to talk 'Clix?

I know Borock would buy them for his daughter.

Top 10 worst thread resurrection of the millennium.

:sorry:

Did you read the thread? Two dudes taunting each other over the Interwebs about which one was fatter, gayer and more incestuous. Not exactly a high water mark for this forum.

Unfortunately, it's not even close to the low water mark either. :cry:

Did you read the thread? Two dudes taunting each other over the Interwebs about which one was fatter, gayer and more incestuous. Not exactly a high water mark for this forum.

Unfortunately, it's not even close to the low water mark either. :cry:

When a thread topic is started, many lower intelligence board members will derail the thread in the hopes that their ego will be inflated by the attention they may receive by other boardies or by the mods. (Trust me I know.) The intent of resurrecting this thread was to discuss heroclix, something which I enjoy playing and to discuss it with other people who enjoy the same. IT wasn't to watching to kids slap each other verbally.

If you have something to add to the topic, then by all means please do.