• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Resource for page counts (Famous Funnies 212)

7 posts in this topic

It should be 36 pages which includes the cover. The Keltner index is a pretty good source. You can also use Comics Plus but not for copyrighted material.

bb

edit: :blush:

I thought it was a regular 36 page comic but my copy has 44 pages and FF 213 has 36 pages. My copy is screwed up. :P

9110578790_ae9d0440d8_b.jpg

You can see the flying saucer from FF 212 in the back. :banana:

The Grand Comic Database should also list the page number. It is also a larger database than the other two that I listed. It was built on the Keltner Index background.

Edit: I don't see anything about FF 212 in these sources but many of the other comics are listed there. There are more specific groups for Timely/Atlas and Disney Duck comics.

Thanks for the info. Are you saying your copy of 212 or 213 is screwed up? My FF212 has 36 pages including the cover.

Since you have this book I have another question that's off topic a bit. I'm wondering about is the size of this book. Mine seems to be slightly taller top to bottom and a little narrower left to right than other books from around the same time. Any idea if these books were made with different dimensions than other books? I don't have any other copies to compare it to.

Both of mine have 36 pages including the covers. They both seem a little more narrow than other books from that era.

I was trying to agree with this guy. Both comics should have 36 pages. My copy of FF 212 is screwed up but it has a nice cover.

My copy looks a little more narrow but not any shorter than some Quality comics from the same time.

Thanks for all the input. I just got this book and it's in really nice shape but it seemed odd from the start. I asked about the page count because it seemed a little thin. But it checks out.

After I posted this I put in a new backer because it didn't come with the right one. The book is actually taller than the new board so this is what prompted me to check the size. It seems closer to silver age but it doesn't seem to match that either.

When I compare it to pictures online it looks right. All the art is there and it's nicely centered side to side.