• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SALE CLOSED Many Thanks to All, Silver, Golden Age Comics, Pulps & Premiums

66 posts in this topic

Hi Guys:

This is my first forray into selling here on the boards. Hopefully, I have some interesting stuff that I hope will be of interest. This is primarily stuff I have picked up in the past few months that I have either upgraded or just bought for re-sale. Since I am new here, please be nice and tell me what I am doing wrong and I will correct it.

I have sold comics and collectibles for probably 40 years in the CGB, Ebay, Shows ect. I occasionally sell some stuff on eBay since 1998 and have over 4200 positive feedback with no negs. I will be happy to provide my ebay name if any one wants. I have just started a KUDOS thread and would appreciate your kind words if I make you happy.

Rules:

No problem children or HOS members.

Postage is $5.00 each for comics, very well packaged. I will combine postage on multiple purchases. The pulps are heavier and I will list postage with the price. Probably sent Standard to keep cost down. All will come with tracking.

I prefer to sell only to US addresses but might make an exception if I know you.

PM's and offers... I am trying to sell this stuff and want to get as much listed as I can. I try to price fairly. I probably won't have a lot of time to review PMs if I want to get this stuff listed. An "I'LL TAKE IT" icon takes it first. So, keep that in mind if you want something. When I get done, I will review PMs (in order of when they came in). If you have a question (other than a lower offer) post it and I will try to answer you.

Payment is by PayPal within 3 days FIRM. I will also take checks and money orders if you let me know after I send you an invoice. I will probably run this through tomorrow evening and get invoices out on Monday or Tuesday.

Returns: No hassle returns within two weeks from when tracking says it was delivered. Return postage is on you unless I make a gross error and in that case I will "man-up" and pay return postage. I don't expect any returns though as I've only had 3 or 4 in 40 years.

This stuff all comes from a smoke filled, varmit infested, mouldy junk house. (Just kidding!) Here we go...

First up is one of the hottest Bronze Age Books on the planet. Werewolf by Night #32 (first Moon Knight). It is still well attached to covers, complete and supple paper. It is, however a real beat reader. It has multiple wrinkles, creases, tiny tears, dog eared and rounded corners, bends, and a couple tiny chips out of the corners. Well read and loved and probably as cheap as you are likely to find these days. Price $70.00

werewolfbynight32a_zpsyndejcqh.jpg

werewolfbynight32b_zpsodlrkhwm.jpg

SOLD!

Batman #252 A beautiful, glossy, tight, complete copy with square corners and off white to white pages. Has a few tiny spine ticks, bottom staple was not tightly stitched and very slightly bent. Upper left corner has a slight bend that does not break color. A slight bend in the "B" in title.Was rated 7.5-8.5 in the grading thread. Price $25.

batman252a_zpsycjbods4.jpg

batman252b_zpsnj1rbbud.jpg

Giant Size Avengers #1 Beautiful copy. Tight, square spine. Bright and clean and complete. Sharp corners and off white/white supple pages. Has a tiny "thumb bend" at top.Lower right corner looks like it was bumped very slightly. Back cover has a another small "thumb bend" at top and a couple of printer ink? spots at bottom. Was rated 8.5-9.0 by the grading forum here. Price $45.

avengersgiantsize1a_zpsvdfhyjrp.jpg

avengersgiantsize1b_zpsj9gq3a2q.jpg

Giant Size Conan #1 Annother beautiful copy. Tight, square spine. Bright and clean and complete. Sharp corners and off white/white supple pages. Very tiny bend at top of spine (less than 1/8"). Back cover has tiny non color breaking bend at bottom spine as well as top of spine. Tiny nick on edge left side at pages. Top left edge has a tiny bend as well. Hard to find much of anything wrong with this copy. Rates 8.0-8.5 by the grading forum but seems better to me in hand. Price $30.

conangiantsize1a_zpsjiaixkhw.jpg

conangiantsize1b_zpsxcbn6rti.jpg

A cool one here. Tales of Suspense #63 (First SA origin of Capt America). A bright, clean, tight complete copy with off white, supple pages. Book and centerfold still bound well to covers. Has numerous spine and edge nicks. Upper left corner is slightly rounded and bent as well as a small 1/2" bend just below it. Upper right corner has a 1/8" crease that breaks color. Top of cover wasn't trimmed well and has a slight roll over into pages. Several small bends. Back cover has two lower left creases one is 1" and one is 3". A little purple ink on right side about 3/4" from the bottom on right side. A few small bends that do not break color. Price $50.

talesofsuspense63a_zpsow5rhb70.jpg

talesofsuspense63b_zpsxwpzwpgn.jpg

Journey into Mystery #96. Cool early Thor book. A bright, clean, tight complete copy with off white, supple pages. Book and centerfold still bound well to covers. Has some light "Marvel chipping" on right side. Top of cover has some bends and a little "wavey" with some tiny creases. Light spine rubbing. Back cover has a small 3/4" bend at top right corner. A couple tiny edge tears at top largest is about 1/8". has a couple of light dirt spots one on edge of top card box and one at top left corner. Has a few tiny spine nicks as well. Was rated from 5.5 to 6.5 by the grading boards. WAS $90./ NOW $80.

journeyintonystery96a_zpsdqs5jzpl.jpg

journeyintonystery96b_zpsxvv9hgeb.jpg

Showcase #27 (Ist appearance of the Sea Devils) Awsome Russ hearth "greytone" cover and interior art. A cool SA DC. A bright, clean, tight complete copy with slightly yellowed, supple pages. Book and centerfold still bound well to covers. Has a small upper right corner tear with corner just holding on (about 1/2"). Some small overlapping a creasing along the top. Several small creases that generally do not break color. Some minor spine wear and nicks. Upper left spine is slightly blunted. Back cover has a small 1/4" chip out at bottom. Some small wrinkles and creases at top. A few tiny edge tears. WAS $65./NOW $50.

showcase27a_zps4rvsf0sz.jpg

showcase27b_zpsp0a1k4he.jpg

Showcase #73 (Origin and first app The Creeper by Ditko) A bright, clean, tight complete copy with off white supple pages. Book and centerfold are bound tightly to covers. Very glossy! Has a slight bend from top to almost the bottom on left spine side that does not break color. Small 1/2" non-color breaking bend at bottom of spine. Upper left spine has a 1/*' bend. Top right corner has a 1/16" crease. Back cover has a small 1" bend at bottom of spine. A very light 2" "dust shadow" at top of back cover. Nice copy. Graded 6.5 by grading boards but again, I think looks a little nicer in hand. Price $30.

showcase73a_zpssuap0buu.jpg

showcase73b_zpsbzh8ioa1.jpg

SOLD!

Sugar and Spike #56 Very cool black Christmas cover by Sheldon Mayer. A bright, clean, tight complete copy with off white supple pages. Book and centerfold are bound tightly to covers. Nice gloss on this one too. Has a light "dust shadow"? stain at bottom about 1/2" up. Has a few small light bends on left side by spine that barely break color. Right edge has a tiny tear that folds into the inside about 1/16". Back cover is clean with a small 1/8" crease on spine. Price $30.

sugarspike56a_zps4arelcmz.jpg

sugarspike56b_zpshyqmai7z.jpg

Superman #136 A bright, clean, tight complete copy with off white, supple pages. Book and centerfold still bound well to covers. Has several bends mostly at top spine area that do not break color. Upper left spine crease and bend 1/4". Lower, right corner has a 1-1/2" light corner crease that barely breaks color. Back cover has small 1/4" chip out and a tiny water spot in upper left corner. A few small spine bends. WAS $40./ NOW $30.

superman136a_zps6o7zm1c3.jpg

superman136b_zpscfrpwlth.jpg

Yak Yak Four Color #1186 (#1) One of only two issues. Outstanding Jack Davis "beatnik" stories cover to cover. Love this cool short run! Book and centerfold still bound well to covers. Has a small grease pencil arrival date in title. 1/4" upper spine split. Some light spine wear. Upper right corner has a 3/8" crease. A few minor bends. Back cover has a 3/8" piece out of lower spine. A few tiny edge tears and a small stamped arrival date at top of cover. Price $25.

yakyak1_zpsum9fesgd.jpg

yakyak2_zpslh4a6c3h.jpg

Tip Top #225 (last issue) In demand Peanuts cover/story. A bright, clean, tight complete copy with off white, supple pages. Book and centerfold still bound well to covers. Has some light spine creasing that does not break color. A little stress at top staple. Tiny abrasion on right edge. Slight exterior spine stress. WAS $35./NOW $25.

tiptop1_zpsgw63nzi4.jpg

tiptop2_zpsmpmmfxbp.jpg

Madhouse #4 1954 Classic "Surrealistic" cover! A bright, clean, tight complete copy with slightly yellowed, supple pages. Spine is a bit rolled. Has some light creasing and tiny tears on edges. Top of spine is a little rough. Has a 3/4" tear on upper right edge. Back cover is pretty clean. Price $45.

madhouse1_zpsasmxo44t.jpg

madhouse2_zpse6erskjy.jpg

SOLD!

Wacky Duck #4 Timely/Marvel 1946 Classic multiple "infinity" artist cover! A bright, clean, tight complete copy with off white, supple pages. Book and centerfold still bound well to covers. Has a few minor spots, light spine wearand a tiny upper left spine tear. Very slightly rolled. Cover has come loose from book at single staple. Name stamp on front cover. Price $35.

wackyduck4a_zpsqdgvslk8.jpg

wackyduck4b_zpssyijazvi.jpg

Here's a good one! Crime Detector #5 1954. On the onset it looks like a typical crime book but the last story is awsome. A classic Jay Disbrow horror story with a killer full page last panel. See for your self! A bright, clean, tight complete copy with off white, supple pages. Has some minor top spine wear. Minor spine wear. a couple tiny edge tears and wrinkles. Back cover is very clean Boards graded at 5.5 Price $65.

crimedetector5a_zps39g8w8zv.jpg

crimedetector5b_zps1vj2f1zw.jpg

crimedetector5c_zpsw8zpcjl0.jpg

Showcase #73 (Origin and first app The Creeper by Ditko) A bright, clean, tight complete copy with off white supple pages. Book and centerfold are bound tightly to covers. Very glossy! Has a slight bend from top to almost the bottom on left spine side that does not break color. Small 1/2" non-color breaking bend at bottom of spine. Upper left spine has a 1/*' bend. Top right corner has a 1/16" crease. Back cover has a small 1" bend at bottom of spine. A very light 2" "dust shadow" at top of back cover. Nice copy. Graded 6.5 by grading boards but again, I think looks a little nicer in hand. Price $30.

:takeit: Hard to pass up on the first appearance of the infamous "Creeper"! Thanks!

Another good one! This Magazine is Haunted #13 1953. Classic, gory decapitation cover! A bright, clean, tight complete copy with slightly yellowed, supple pages. Book and centerfold are bound well to covers. Has a 1-1/4" x 1" piece out of bottom right corner of cover. Has some spine stress. Centerfold although well attached is very slightly ragged on right side due to poor binding. Back cover has a 1" x 1/2" piece out of top left cover. Bottom has some wrinkling and creasing. Price $65.

thismaghaunted1_zpswa1jmvvf.jpg

thismaghaunted2_zps78kumsah.jpg

:takeit: Hard to pass up on the first appearance of the infamous "Creeper"! Thanks!

Sold to Crochntr! Thank you for your patronage!