• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SALE CLOSED Many Thanks to All, Silver, Golden Age Comics, Pulps & Premiums

66 posts in this topic

OK, on the home stretch. I know these aren't comic books but they are VERY comic book related. If you follow my junk thread, you know I have a passion for these little rarities. These are VERY hard to find these days and in some cases WAY more rare than the comic books they were offered in. I will hope no one gets upset that I list them here, I just didn't want to spam another thread. Hope you enjoy them (and buy a couple) Postage is $3.00 for first class mail with tracking. By the way, these are VERY hard to photograph. I have tried to really show flaws and I've made them way worse than they are. Actual size they are really nice.

From Austrailia is this late 1940's Tarzan's Grip pinback. 1" in diameter. This was a premium from a glue company. It is very scarce to find even over there. Excellent condition with nice, solid red back ground and nice detailed image. WAS $100./NOW $85. + FREE postage.

pintarzan1_zpssuswcpce.jpg

pinpopeye2_zpshneqdtha.jpg

Mid 1940's Capt. Marvel Shazam club. 1" This photo really turned out bad...real blown out. It is a tin litho button with just slight edge scuffing. One of the harder ones to find in this series of 4. WAS $35./NOW $30. + FREE postage.

pincaptmarvel1_zpsxmvikciu.jpg

pincaptmarvel2_zpscedynzuu.jpg

Cool Superman pin from the 1955 Muscle Building kit. One of the nicer Superman pins. Hard to find because it was usually always seperated from the kit and lost. It is 1-1/4" full color tin litho. Again, a real blown out photo. A few minor scratches but a real nice example. WAS $75./NOW $65. + FREE postage.

pinsuperman1_zpsdlxavwfh.jpg

pinsuperman2_zpst4xdm7nt.jpg

OK, now we start to tread some real rare waters. American Eagle Defenders pin. This is the only Nedor comic book premium I know of. It is circa 1941. It is 1-1/4" round. I got this over 25 years ago and searched and search to find a better one. Finally a nice one turned up on Hakes Americana and I "manned up" real big for it. I knew I'd probably never have another chance at it. This poor guy has medium foxing all around it's sides. It is quite clear and readable with nice color though. If you are a Nedor collector, here is your chance for bragging rights. Due to it's rough condition I am asking WAS $150./NOW $140. + FREE postage

pinamericaneagle1_zpsqzkhlosm.jpg

pinamericaneagle2_zpsdatvmfet.jpg

Last post in this thread and it's a good one. Here is a 1940 Eisner Spirit pinback advertising his first newspaper appearance from MN. There are two versions of this pin and this is by far the best of the two. It is 1-3/4" in diameter. Bright red and white. Just a very tiny, light foxing spot on his lip otherwise just excellent condition. This could be maybe called the first appearance of this character. WAS $250./NOW $220. + FREE postage.

pinspirit1_zpssk6q5sqp.jpg

pinspirit2_zpspboecblz.jpg

Oh, I love this one! Marvel Stories April-May 1939 Red Circle Magazines. Classic Saunders "girl in a tube" cover! Nice, bright complete copy with yellowed supple pages. Full paper spine. Numerous small edge tears and edge creases. Price $50 + $5 postage.

pulpmarvel1_zpspe6zlc70.jpg

pulpmarvel2_zpsfccmwmni.jpg

pulpmarvel3_zpskmmjxxqz.jpg

this Marvel Science Stories I gotta have so :takeit:

You got some Grrrrrreat stuff in this thread pal!! Those pins are Neat-O especially that Eagle one!! GLWTS!!

First up is one of the hottest Bronze Age Books on the planet. Werewolf by Night #32 (first Moon Knight). It is still well attached to covers, complete and supple paper. It is, however a real beat reader. It has multiple wrinkles, creases, tiny tears, dog eared and rounded corners, bends, and a couple tiny chips out of the corners. Well read and loved and probably as cheap as you are likely to find these days. Price $70.00

werewolfbynight32a_zpsyndejcqh.jpg

werewolfbynight32b_zpsodlrkhwm.jpg

:takeit: per pm

Oh, I love this one! Marvel Stories April-May 1939 Red Circle Magazines. Classic Saunders "girl in a tube" cover! Nice, bright complete copy with yellowed supple pages. Full paper spine. Numerous small edge tears and edge creases. Price $50 + $5 postage.

pulpmarvel1_zpspe6zlc70.jpg

pulpmarvel2_zpsfccmwmni.jpg

pulpmarvel3_zpskmmjxxqz.jpg

this Marvel Science Stories I gotta have so :takeit:

You got some Grrrrrreat stuff in this thread pal!! Those pins are Neat-O especially that Eagle one!! GLWTS!!

Sold to gino2paulus2! Many thanks. It's a cool one for sure!

First up is one of the hottest Bronze Age Books on the planet. Werewolf by Night #32 (first Moon Knight). It is still well attached to covers, complete and supple paper. It is, however a real beat reader. It has multiple wrinkles, creases, tiny tears, dog eared and rounded corners, bends, and a couple tiny chips out of the corners. Well read and loved and probably as cheap as you are likely to find these days. Price $70.00

werewolfbynight32a_zpsyndejcqh.jpg

werewolfbynight32b_zpsodlrkhwm.jpg

:takeit: per pm

Sold to Miamiknight3434. Many thanks for your purchase!

OK, I know nobody loves Westerns anymore but this one is a hard one to pass up. Lone Ranger's Western Treasury #1 1953. This fat book features The Lone Ranger's origin! It's a beauty too. Bright, flat, with square spine. Tight and complete with off white pages and VERY glossy! Hard to photo it's so glossy. Has a few tiny spine nicks and a couple small spine bends. There is a small 1/2" color breaking crease on his face below the mask. Back cover is similar with a couple non-breaking color bends and a couple tiny color breaking nicks at bottom. There is also a 6" long non-color breaking bend. Corners are square and color is excellent. Board graded 6.0-6.5 probably due to the color break on his mask. WAS $50./NOW $45.

:takeit:

Fantastic Adventures Quarterly Summer 1941 Another fat 1-1/4" thick pulp. Looks complete with yellowed and very supple pages. Full paper spine with one small piece of tape at top. Spine is neatly split about 2" down. Back cover has a small 1" tear at top of spine. Numerous small creases and edge tears. WAS $20./NOW $15. + $4.00 Media Mail Postage.

Fantastic Adventures Quarterly Winter 1941 Another fat 1-1/4" thick pulp. Looks complete with yellowed and very supple pages. Full paper spine. There are a couple of pieces missing from edge of cover. One is 3/4" x 4" and other one is much smaller at top. Has a few small pieces of old tape inside covers. Numerous small creases and edge tears. WAS $15./NOW $10. + $4.00 Media Mail Postage.