• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Saying Bye to all

33 posts in this topic

The thought of giving up comics :sorry:

I can cut back spending if I have to, I can cut back reading if I have to, I can even hustle up extra money or space by letting some comics go. But there has never been a point in my life since I was about five years old that I didn't have a stack of comics stashed away somewhere.

Once she finds out comics are worth money she'll just wonder why he doesn't sell them all and buy her something nice.....no win scenario.

there's a radio commercial where a woman is complaining to her husband that he's still a kid and needs to start acting more grown up. She uses his comic book collection as an example

A couple interesting things of note:

• That everyone seems to have an opinion, which was unsolicited, on what the OP should do. (Yes, I posted one too, but I should hope it was clear that that was a joke)

• OP didn't mention anything about money, but rather time, which I think could be a valid criticism from one's SO. Cutting back on message boards is probably the first thing I would do if I was looking to curtail time spent that involved comics

Was fun chatting with everyone, have to say adios as my wife is freaking out with my collection and the insanity of time spent with it. So hanging up the skates, good luck everyone.

Godspeed.

Guys can get pretty obsessed with anything... gaming, lego, sports, etc etc.

The best thing you can do is spend quality time together otherwise you end up in a situation that is very hard to recover from. Obviously I can only go on "the insanity of time spent with it" telling me that you really need to stop an obsession. If that's the truth then your wife isn't "freaking out", just taking action because you aren't... probably after having had previous conversations on the topic.

The worst thing you can do is pick up another obsession or an old one to replace it.

It's a brave new world for you... no wait!!! Damn.