• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WonderCon Pictures

66 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I'm posting these in a separate thread for the benefit of those on dial-up web access, as well as keeping down the general load times of the report threads. These are not all the pictures I took, so apologize that some people have been left out for the moment. I'll try to post more as time permits.

Scott (FFB), and Jeffreykli chat while JBud checks out FFB's copy of Spectacular Spider-Man Magazine # 2 in CGC 9.8:

FFB_JBud_Jeffreykli.jpg

Shin's (sckao) wife, Lisa, holds down the fort in the Splastic booth. Lisa is an awesome person, and collects romance comics! Splastic is the name of one of Shin's companies. Shin wasn't able to attend most of the show due other work commitments, so Jeff and I spent most of our time at the show there with Lisa. Jason and Scott provided some greatly appreciated assistance as well:

Lisa.jpg

Some wall books in the Comic Collector Shop booth, including JIM # 83 in CGC 9.0, and Captain America # 1 in CGC 8.0:

CCS_Rack.jpg

Comic Collector Shop owner Phil Schlaefer proudly holds the CGC 8.0 copy of Captain America # 1:

Phil_Cap.jpg

Andy (Goldust40) examines an issue of Fantastic Four at Harley Yee's booth:

Goldust40.jpg

Paul Litch speaks with a customer at the CGC booth:

CGC_Paul.jpg

Shawn Caffrey mugs for the camera between submissions:

SCaffrey.jpg

Jason checks out another one of Scott's Spideys:

JBud_FFB.jpg

Sid (BassGMan) looks at some sweet bronze horror at the A-1 Comics booth. He was so focused, I don't think he even knew I was standing next to him!

BassGMan.jpg

Paris Fred shows off an X-Men Byrne page he acquired for a customer during his trip. Looking over his shoulder is Neatstuff Collectibles' Michael Carbonaro:

ParisFred.jpg

Steve Borock provides "onsite grading" (just kidding!) to Jason and Michael (PovertyRow) during the forum dinner:

Onsite-Grading.jpg

Scott "complains" to Shawn and Paul about the grade he received on one of his books after they had all finished eating gigantic steaks:

Paul_Shawn_Scott.jpg

Jeff and David (Divadrabnud) are all smiles after several glasses of excellent wine:

Jeff_Divad.jpg

Jeff, Harry (Burntboy) and his wife Ellen relax in the lounge after the forum dinner. The red pants and blue polka dot shirt just visible on the far right belong to Goldust40. He and Elizabeth both had red pants on. Scott can post additional photographs of their pants at his discretion:

Jeff_BB_Ellen.jpg

Steve, Donna, Elizabeth and Scott after dinner:

Steve_Donna_Liz_FFB.jpg

Nice photos Jimm. And you are right, I didn't notice you there. Sometimes when examining a book, you know how you get in one of those "zoned out" trances where the only thing that exists at that moment is the book, and ya' just gotta take it all in.

And the photos come rolling in...

Thnx for posting them. Great floor shots. thumbsup2.gif

Seems like it was open and not too crowded... or was that an illusion?

Nice hat M. Carbonaro is sporting.

Ze-

great pics. I always feel like we should have an east coast v. west coast forumite show down. Sort of like when the East/West Coast Avengers would get together back in the day... and play softball or something (or drink, as the case may be).