• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Overstreet bets and expectations...

43 posts in this topic

I agree. JIM 112 (which routinely sells for $300-$350 in slabbed 8.0) will be up across the board. They ought to bump the upper end for all JIMs.

They're going to bump GL 76 again and Bats 232 as well I bet.

But then there will be traditional bumps like most ASMs and a bunch of FFs.

I think we ought to be shifting to a .5/2/10 split for all the books with 9.2 as top grade.

from 48-200, I don't think there's going to be any radical jumps this year, next year or anytime thereafter. It's not OS's way. 48 shouldn't move that much, 49 stay about the same, maybe a slight bump for 50, 52 and 55. Otherwise, I think prices on those books is probably about right.

The bronze FFs really should only command crazy prices in 9.6 and above. Otherwise, they're not hard to find below 9.0 (in general, not all).

As for Byrne X-Men, God I hope they don't go up, they're already overvalued.

I can almost see a slight drop for FF 48, if anything were to happen. 50 should move more than 49, but they should both be increased. If they do make a sequel to the FF movie, I would hope it involves the Galactus / Silver Surfer storyline, although I think another company owns the rights to Silver Surfer.

In regards to the movie, I think FF 1-40 (and I guess 45) are prime candidates to move, especially the Dr. Doom covers (5,6,16,17,23,39 and 40). For some reason, I think 42 is a harder copy to find CGC'd. But most of the other numbers in the 40-47 range, especially 41, 43, 44 and 46 seem to be common in HG.

Your feel for FFs is better than mine, and I totally agree with your assessment. I've just never thought of 49 as all that hard to find of the three, and also the least impressive of the covers. 48 has long been overvalued as well. But... there seems to be some demand for it always so...

It's definitely the FFs below 50 and Doom covers that I mark to become the most desirable as well.

The average 10% price increase will be applied to most major character books, just like every year.

Actually, comics went up by more than the 10% in 2003 (for example, FF 31-40 went up from $130 in 9.4 to $240 in 9.2) -- that's why we're asking.

I feel the single biggest change in this year's Overstreet Price Guide will be in The Victorian Section. I believe there will be, at a minimum, an increase....... 893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif!

For Arnold! poke2.gif

I doubt there will be a big jump in low grades popcorn.gif

I'm all but positive, probably a 10-20% jump on early Silver Age Marvels in Good. The price for Fantastic Four 1 in 2.0 Good, for example, is simply too low for what the book sells for. Same for other early Silver Age Marvels

Overstrteet will raise whole sections of the guide and not others. Theyre so out of step with real world prices, it doesnt semm to even matter what He chooses to raise and wht gets left alone anymore. It is what it is...but its what happens online that matters far more these days.. So sure, all the FFs and keys etc should go up again, but maybe JIMs will stagnate since they were bumped hard in last years guide.

Since Overstreet doesnt track slabbed prices well, they are in their own world nowadays. And, if I sound harsh, I dont mean to be. Raising all Guide prices to match the market has NEVER been Overstreets mission. He always lag far behind allowing him to always raise and never backtrack during slow times...