• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Seldom seen John Byrne covers.

16 posts in this topic

Here's another artist that started out in Canada like Todd McFarlane & Dave Sim. Plz post scarce John Byrne comic related covers. Will start with 1979 Byrne new X-men & 1975-76 Charlton washtone covers. The Doomsday +1 #5 is for the enjoyment of those collectors with a black spine fetish. grin.gif

byrnereader1.jpg

dooms4.jpg

dooms5.jpg

not really, since everybody knows about it. There was a pop on it in the early 80s, but it settled down. Nightmare 20 is undervalued (his first story), because it is so amazingly hard to find.

I loved Doomsday +1 when I 1st read it. Post apocalyptic like Planet of Apes & Kamandi. Easy to collect as only 6 issues + 6 reprints. Enjoyed E-man back up story/art on Rog 2000 even more. Choice humor w/ Byrne drawing himself into the storyline. laugh.gif

I loved Doomsday +1 when I 1st read it.

Honestly...I never read them. blush.gif ..I basically bought them at the time as for collecting purposes while I purchased the E-man books which I did read, mostly because I was in my Joe Staton lovin' stage... grin.gif

Suffice it to say...now I have a complete set of Doomsday +1 in fantastic condition... wink.gif

Can't remember the grade offhand. I think it was in the vf/vf+ range. Those Skywalds are a biotch in true NM or above. Could be wrong in either direction, though, I will have to look at it again.

Dan