• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Here's my Half Price Books haul

24 posts in this topic

Good haul on the HPB find. I have found quite a few things at my local one. If the sticker is on the books, the best way to get it off is to put a sheet of paper on the comic and run a hot iron over the spot of the sticker. It heats up the glue on sticker making it easier to get it off the book.

I'd go nuts if there was a quarter bin out here. I always look for comics at the thrift shop, only ever found comics twice, bought them up both times.

Oh, I guess that doesn't count the antique shop with the wrecked comics I ignored.

I've found $30 books in the quarter bin here and most have been NM-M. I'll say, I've made quite a bit of money from our HPB. A few years ago I bought a Tomb of Dracula Omnibus #1 for $25 in a Seattle HPB.

I've found $30 books in the quarter bin here and most have been NM-M. I'll say, I've made quite a bit of money from our HPB. A few years ago I bought a Tomb of Dracula Omnibus #1 for $25 in a Seattle HPB.

Brings back fond memories of the deals I could find at HPB when I lived by one. Lots of great stuff. They would package together these $5 bundles of like 30 comics. You couldn't see the contents before buying but I would pick up all of them. Sometimes it would be all junk, other times I scored runs of Neal Adams Bat books and unread runs starting at #1 of some great titles like Sandman, Wolverine, Transmetropolitan and Preacher.

Good haul on the HPB find. I have found quite a few things at my local one. If the sticker is on the books, the best way to get it off is to put a sheet of paper on the comic and run a hot iron over the spot of the sticker. It heats up the glue on sticker making it easier to get it off the book.
hm

For less than a buck on all but one of them? I don't think you could truly say "overpaid" as much as "same result as any quarter bin at any show everywhere".

For less than a buck on all but one of them? I don't think you could truly say "overpaid" as much as "same result as any quarter bin at any show everywhere".

I'm down for some cheapie bins when I'm in a funk. What stood out for me was the random selection of issues. A quarter apiece is worth it for most, but if the OP is looking for a return on these, then yes, he overpaid.

Doesn't anyone think he overpaid for these? :shrug:

I know my local one uses Comic Book Realm to price their comics and they refuse to budge from that price. Even if I show them recent, like condition, ebay sales. I want to remind them that they are not a comic shop, they should not be pricing like one.