• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay seller question

10 posts in this topic

Some sellers load 100s of comics at the same time Milehighcomics and it's always a seller I have no intention of ever buying from Milehighcomics. And it's always a drag to have to scroll thru page after page of useless listings...

Anyone know a way to block a sellers listings ? Thanx

Yes. Go to the advanced search page, block the seller(s) you want, do the search, then book mark the search result in your browser. To redo the search, just click the bookmark. To add more blocked sellers or other blocked terms to your search, click on your bookmark and look at the url (in your address bar) - find the person or terms you have blocked before and observe the syntax of the url, then just add the new name you want to block to the url, click return to redo the search with your new blocked sellers/terms, and then bookmark the result of that search (and throw out the old bookmark.)

For example, I just added two new names to my blocked list (for keyword spamming, one of my biggest pet peeves) - I added them to the list of already blocked names, seperated by "%2C" (not including the quotes.) To block new search terms (for example, I recently blocked "gwen", cuz I really can't stand all the spidergwen stuff that comes up in my searches), I go to the section of the url that had my blocked search terms and added "gwen" as follows: +-"gwen"

(this time, the quotes are included.)

I tried blocking sellers like this but for some reason it didnt work-the seller kept showing up any way.

It was one of those freezer magnet guys. I hate those.

Some sellers load 100s of comics at the same time Milehighcomics and it's always a seller I have no intention of ever buying from Milehighcomics. And it's always a drag to have to scroll thru page after page of useless listings...

Advanced Search button>under "Sellers" check "Only show items from:">Change drop down from "Include" to "Exclude" >enter sellers names you want to exclude in box

I tried blocking sellers like this but for some reason it didnt work-the seller kept showing up any way.

It was one of those freezer magnet guys. I hate those.

Copy paste their name. They are using a character that appears to be something else such as l23 instead of 123

Yes! I thought I was the only one annoyed by this

I've seen them list almost ten pages of FF before at once