• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolverine question

21 posts in this topic

If you cut Wolverine in half lengthwise and separate the two pieces will they grow 2 Wolverines? If you cut off his head will he grow a new head? Will the head grow a new body?

I'm not sure about "down the middle", but as an expert at mutant physiology, I'd have to say he would be quite dead.

They have said multiple times that if you cut off Wolverine or Sabertooth's head then they would die. I assume this extends to all mutants with healing powers…except X-Men Origins: Wolverine's version of Deadpool.

I'm not sure about "down the middle", but as an expert at mutant physiology, I'd have to say he would be quite dead.

They have said multiple times that if you cut off Wolverine or Sabertooth's head then they would die. I assume this extends to all mutants with healing powers…except X-Men Origins: Wolverine's version of Deadpool.

Except in the Ultimate Universe. Wolverine was torn in half by Hulk, had his head removed by SHIELD, was then shot in the head by General Fury before recovering fully without any problems.

Which means that skin cells etc that slough off should constantly be sprouting into new Wolverines. He's basically a tribble.

Except in the Ultimate Universe. Wolverine was torn in half by Hulk, had his head removed by SHIELD, was then shot in the head by General Fury before recovering fully without any problems.

But in that case, were the pieces moved close enough for veins and ligaments to reach out and form? Or did one part magically fly to another part?

I believe if the parts are kept separate, and don't move to each other on their own, then he will die. The other question would be for how long. If his top half is separate from his bottom half for 20 years and then moved close to each other, will they reconnect and bring him back to life?

And if he was ripped in half why wouldn't his body heal and close the wound instead of staying open like the cells knew the other 1/2 was out there somewhere waiting to be reattached?

But in that case, were the pieces moved close enough for veins and ligaments to reach out and form? Or did one part magically fly to another part?

I believe if the parts are kept separate, and don't move to each other on their own, then he will die. The other question would be for how long. If his top half is separate from his bottom half for 20 years and then moved close to each other, will they reconnect and bring him back to life?

In the above, we're never told any details other than his parts were separated: lower half, upper torso, and head. The only other possibly relevant detail was that Hulk was interrupted from eating his legs after he ripped him in half.

We don't know whether his head with a bullet in the brain suddenly grew a new body inclusive of adamantium, whether the pieces somehow magically came together quickly, or whether one of the other body parts grew a new body inclusive of adamantium. We also don't know if any of the other parts grew any non-adamantium bodies or body parts - this is where it would have gotten interesting if Hulk had actually eaten Wolvie's legs. Cuz...you know...weird...disturbing things could have happened...pre and post digestion. lol

Also how did they do all that extensive orthopedic surgery on him his wounds should have kept healing closed before they could accomplish squat.

I won't even get into how his body seems to be able to create matter in blatant violation of the laws of physics.

Wouldn't the wounds just heal around the instruments? Like those tabs on his hands keep the slits open for the blades to come out. Just imagine the surgery required the installation of something like that first. Then injections or whatever.

I don't care how strong Adamantium is-you cannot use your claws to slice through 2 inches of steel like butter unless you have the strength of Superman. And even then steel doesn't slice like butter. It warps, bends and breaks.

I don't care how strong Adamantium is-you cannot use your claws to slice through 2 inches of steel like butter unless you have the strength of Superman. And even then steel doesn't slice like butter. It warps, bends and breaks.

I always thought it was because of how sharp the claws were, not just because how strong the metal was. But then again, I don't wonder about the sex lives of super heroes or have a hankering to see them go potty.

I always thought it was because of how sharp the claws were, not just because how strong the metal was. But then again, I don't wonder about the sex lives of super heroes or have a hankering to see them go potty.

So Wolverine takes a poo. Obviously the poo scrapes some Wolverine cells off of his intestine on the way out. Given enough time, do those cells gain sentience and either:

A - Brings that poo to life

B - Gives rise to another Marvel title focusing on Wolverine's Poo

C - "B" already happened and not a single person noticed.

D - Another Wolverine is formed and revealed to be a clone / child of the orignal

E - All of the above.

At least he doesn't have to worry about a Lorena Bobbitt type incident.

why? I doubt there's adamantium there.

I would think he'd be even more worried. Someone could tie him up and bobbit him every hour for eternity. That's WAY worse. The rest of us could be bobitted just the once and then die or something.