• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ebay seller who is a horrible shipper of comics

79 posts in this topic

Just settled in and got access to Internet after my trip and see that my Friday thread wasn't a let down. Not nearly enough meme from sellers/dealers siding against me on here but there was good comentary and banter. Aha! And I made the list! Yes my eBay I'd is nastytequila. Sorry I couldn't have responded before it was posted but glad you guys have it. You don't have to worry about poor packing from me

some of the folks on here seemed to understand the issue which is solely principle and my goal was to alert other buyers that your books, of any value, may not be packed safely when buying from scottyny1237 (but apparently it now serves other sellers on here that are cool with shipping your books this way to not deal with customers who expect at least the cardboard to be somewhat resistant to being bent and cover the whole book.) Fair enough thanks for making it easy to avoid you, too.

It's roughly a $20 book in NM, I would have paid $15 for the book in VF and actually bid near that amount. Hell id pay $50 in NM+ raw at this point if i could get it shipped safely. Shocked that no one else bid against me but perhaps they knew to avoid him or they didnt think it was even worth it. I have taken to describing how to safely ship the comics for the same cost sellers are charging in the paypal message when paying and even begun offering extra $ to ensure that it was safely shipped. I could have shipped that comic safely for less than he dId simply by using better cardboard that you can find almost anywhere. However, my 1st mistake was assuming that scottyny1237 with 100% positive feedback of 980 that he must be a pro and have this comic shipping thing down so I didn't offer to pay more than what he was asking for shipping but boy was i wrong and now wished I had.

My 2nd mistake was blowing up on him in that first email. Im sorry for blasting you scottyny1237. I realize that now and admit it was not the right move no matter how upset I was. I guess after receiving 3 damaged comics in a row from 3 different sellers due to poor packing I and these comics being relatively difficult to find in high grade unslabbed, I kinda lost it and this poor guy got the wrath that the other 2 didn't. Lesson learned.

That wasnt the only message i sent him. I responded to scottyny1237 defensive message (which surprised me from a customer service point of view) with more polite but stern detailed ways he can improve his shipping practices and detailing how he could actually save more money and streamline his packing using different cardboard templates for varying comic sizes or shipping comic mailer boxes in priority mail envelopes which don't always get lumped in with the heavy boxes. I didn't want my measily money back and it isn't the fact that scottyny1237 padded his shipping, I just wanted him to acknowledge that the way he packed the comic was wrong (accepting a return is not admitting wrongdoing, it's simply getting something to go away) and that he would never ship a comic packed so carelessly that way again. scottyny1237 never did and nothing in his messages ever gave me the feeling he sees sending comics haphazardly packed as a bad thing which leaves me to believe scottyny1237 will continue his bad packing and continue to put many other comics at risk and allow them to get damage.

Look it doesn't take a genius to figure out that if you can bend the package easily you should probably choose better packing materials. Writing "Do not bend" is taken more as a suggestion by mail carriers and we should all know by now that if it bends easily, it gets stuffed in the mailbox folded in half or worse. If it resist bending (i.e. By using 2 stiff unbent corrugated cardboard slabs that are both slightly larger than the comic by at least 1/2" around all 4 sides sandwhiching the comic and taped on all 4 sides) that weak suggestion of "DO NOT BEND" carries a lot more weight by the mere fact that it has become a greater inconvenience to try and bend the package to fit it into a mail slot than him getting out of the car and walking to my door to drop the package off.

Well the poll results are in. The winning vote is to accept the return of the comic and leave no feedback or just not do a return and just not leave feedback so ithat apears scottny1237 is going to be left off the hook yet again.. Glad I conversed with the seller repeatedly then checked here first before leaving negative feedback right away Or I might be confused with a buyer who leaves negatives without giving the seller a chance.

Oh and for those who want to continue blocking me as a buyer can you do me a favor and also post your names from other boards for me to avoid and if you run an online store or a physical store front could you post your URL and store name so I can avoid it on my travels In the future. Not trying to be a , I just don't want to support those who think it's ok to ship comics this way. You can PM me the info if you don't want it to be public.

:ohnoez:

Just settled in and got access to Internet after my trip and see that my Friday thread wasn't a let down. Not nearly enough meme from sellers/dealers siding against me on here but there was good comentary and banter. Aha! And I made the list! Yes my eBay I'd is nastytequila. Sorry I couldn't have responded before it was posted but glad you guys have it. You don't have to worry about poor packing from me

some of the folks on here seemed to understand the issue which is solely principle and my goal was to alert other buyers that your books, of any value, may not be packed safely when buying from scottyny1237 (but apparently it now serves other sellers on here that are cool with shipping your books this way to not deal with customers who expect at least the cardboard to be somewhat resistant to being bent and cover the whole book.) Fair enough thanks for making it easy to avoid you, too.

It's roughly a $20 book in NM, I would have paid $15 for the book in VF and actually bid near that amount. Hell id pay $50 in NM+ raw at this point if i could get it shipped safely. Shocked that no one else bid against me but perhaps they knew to avoid him or they didnt think it was even worth it. I have taken to describing how to safely ship the comics for the same cost sellers are charging in the paypal message when paying and even begun offering extra $ to ensure that it was safely shipped. I could have shipped that comic safely for less than he dId simply by using better cardboard that you can find almost anywhere. However, my 1st mistake was assuming that scottyny1237 with 100% positive feedback of 980 that he must be a pro and have this comic shipping thing down so I didn't offer to pay more than what he was asking for shipping but boy was i wrong and now wished I had.

My 2nd mistake was blowing up on him in that first email. Im sorry for blasting you scottyny1237. I realize that now and admit it was not the right move no matter how upset I was. I guess after receiving 3 damaged comics in a row from 3 different sellers due to poor packing I and these comics being relatively difficult to find in high grade unslabbed, I kinda lost it and this poor guy got the wrath that the other 2 didn't. Lesson learned.

That wasnt the only message i sent him. I responded to scottyny1237 defensive message (which surprised me from a customer service point of view) with more polite but stern detailed ways he can improve his shipping practices and detailing how he could actually save more money and streamline his packing using different cardboard templates for varying comic sizes or shipping comic mailer boxes in priority mail envelopes which don't always get lumped in with the heavy boxes. I didn't want my measily money back and it isn't the fact that scottyny1237 padded his shipping, I just wanted him to acknowledge that the way he packed the comic was wrong (accepting a return is not admitting wrongdoing, it's simply getting something to go away) and that he would never ship a comic packed so carelessly that way again. scottyny1237 never did and nothing in his messages ever gave me the feeling he sees sending comics haphazardly packed as a bad thing which leaves me to believe scottyny1237 will continue his bad packing and continue to put many other comics at risk and allow them to get damage.

Look it doesn't take a genius to figure out that if you can bend the package easily you should probably choose better packing materials. Writing "Do not bend" is taken more as a suggestion by mail carriers and we should all know by now that if it bends easily, it gets stuffed in the mailbox folded in half or worse. If it resist bending (i.e. By using 2 stiff unbent corrugated cardboard slabs that are both slightly larger than the comic by at least 1/2" around all 4 sides sandwhiching the comic and taped on all 4 sides) that weak suggestion of "DO NOT BEND" carries a lot more weight by the mere fact that it has become a greater inconvenience to try and bend the package to fit it into a mail slot than him getting out of the car and walking to my door to drop the package off.

Well the poll results are in. The winning vote is to accept the return of the comic and leave no feedback or just not do a return and just not leave feedback so ithat apears scottny1237 is going to be left off the hook yet again.. Glad I conversed with the seller repeatedly then checked here first before leaving negative feedback right away Or I might be confused with a buyer who leaves negatives without giving the seller a chance.

Oh and for those who want to continue blocking me as a buyer can you do me a favor and also post your names from other boards for me to avoid and if you run an online store or a physical store front could you post your URL and store name so I can avoid it on my travels In the future. Not trying to be a , I just don't want to support those who think it's ok to ship comics this way. You can PM me the info if you don't want it to be public.

It's 2:30am and I was having a lot of trouble sleeping. Thank you for helping me.

loadstone,

You're not getting it.

Your assumption that sellers are blocking you because they are poor at packaging comics is obviously incorrect. How you came to that conclusion is puzzling.

You bought a $1 book that was packaged poorly and damaged as a result of the poor packaging. The seller offered you a full refund despite you admittedly "blowing up" on him. He offered you a full refund, you take it and move on, but you still attempted to ruin his online business.

You scream "huge headache buyer" to every seller that reads this.

That's why you are getting blocked.

Don't forget that if you sell him a VF, he expects a NM. :fear:

There are a few people I know like that. They expect a NM at VG prices and then get upset when it arrives as a Fine.

And before anyone thinks that I am talking about Swick or trying to stir that pot ... no- not him.

loadstone,

You're not getting it.

Your assumption that sellers are blocking you because they are poor at packaging comics is obviously incorrect. How you came to that conclusion is puzzling.

You bought a $1 book that was packaged poorly and damaged as a result of the poor packaging. The seller offered you a full refund despite you admittedly "blowing up" on him. He offered you a full refund, you take it and move on, but you still attempted to ruin his online business.

I think that pretty much sums it up.I don't think you see it, but sellers

see this as a large potential headache happening so why deal with it.

All those messages over $1 book wow.

Don't forget that if you sell him a VF, he expects a NM. :fear:

There are a few people I know like that. They expect a NM at VG prices and then get upset when it arrives as a Fine.

And before anyone thinks that I am talking about Swick or trying to stir that pot ... no- not him.

Swick just likes the Mod discount ..

loadstone,

You're not getting it.

I dunno, just to play devil's advocate here, if you do as poor a job of packing a comic as this seller apparently did, then you have to expect some blowback. I realize it was a $1 comic, but if you don't want to go to the trouble of packing low-dollar comics properly, don't sell them.

Whenever somebody starts one of these "an eBay seller screwed me" threads--admittedly this one has a weak story behind it--the reaction is always "don't leave negative fb" however awful the seller's behavior.

There's a reason that there are crooked sellers (not the seller being discussed here, of course) who have flawless fb--buyers are too reluctant to leave anything but positive fb. The fault here is eBay's because they have made the consequences to sellers of receiving negative fb way too severe.

The bottom line is eBay fb is useless and a lot of people--like me--only buy from a handful of trusted sellers. And, of course, that outcome isn't good news for the majority of unknown or little-known sellers.

loadstone,

You're not getting it.

I dunno, just to play devil's advocate here, if you do as poor a job of packing a comic as this seller apparently did, then you have to expect some blowback. I realize it was a $1 comic, but if you don't want to go to the trouble of packing low-dollar comics properly, don't sell them.

Whenever somebody starts one of these "an eBay seller screwed me" threads--admittedly this one has a weak story behind it--the reaction is always "don't leave negative fb" however awful the seller's behavior.

There's a reason that there are crooked sellers (not the seller being discussed here, of course) who have flawless fb--buyers are too reluctant to leave anything but positive fb. The fault here is eBay's because they have made the consequences to sellers of receiving negative fb way too severe.

The bottom line is eBay fb is useless and a lot of people--like me--only buy from a handful of trusted sellers. And, of course, that outcome isn't good news for the majority of unknown or little-known sellers.

The level of blowback here is the problem. He went really far with it, don't you think?

I've noticed consistencies from many of the "an eBay seller screwed me" threads. The seller usually does not specialize in comics, the comics are low value and the auctions/photos/descriptions do nothing to detail what you're actually getting.

It's a roll of the dice and the buyers that start threads like this expect to win every time when they should be prepared to lose more often than not.