• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Daredevil Double Cover

39 posts in this topic

DD1_zpswj4iykfd.jpg

That book looks way better, and closer to grade, than the one he linked to by that "Other" grading company.

When I clicked his link I got a PGX book.

When I saw this listed,it had around half an hour left...thanks to those that fixed it...but my original link was NOT to a pgx.

I thought this was just incredible...and in an old label as well!

Sweet dreams are made out of these...

When I saw this listed,it had around half an hour left...thanks to those that fixed it...but my original link was NOT to a pgx.

I thought this was just incredible...and in an old label as well!

Sweet dreams are made out of these...

who am I to disagree?

I'm confused. The first eBay link shows a PGX 9.4 book, but in the notes it's also described as a "CGC 8.5."

So the inference is it was PGX'ed first, but then sent to CGC -- but somehow the CGC is still old label?

I wasn't aware that PGX has been around that long.

DD1_zpswj4iykfd.jpg

That book looks way better, and closer to grade, than the one he linked to by that "Other" grading company.

I guess you must be referring to the 7.5 grade since that's all you can see unless you have x-ray vision to enable you to see the interior 8.5 cover. lol

Actually, I've never fully understood why CGC bases the final grading on a double cover book by the grade of the interior cover only, with no weight given at all to the clearly visible outer cover. If anything, a better reflection of the accurate grade should be an average of both the interior and exterior cover grades. hm

DD1_zpswj4iykfd.jpg

I guess you must be referring to the 7.5 grade since that's all you can see unless you have x-ray vision to enable you to see the interior 8.5 cover. lol

Actually, I've never fully understood why CGC bases the final grading on a double cover book by the grade of the interior cover only, with no weight given at all to the clearly visible outer cover. If anything, a better reflection of the accurate grade should be an average of both the interior and exterior cover grades. hm

Because you could just take off the outer cover.