• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is photoshopping a slab scan ever OK?

134 posts in this topic

For me, it boils down to intent. How and for what purpose did he plan to use that photoshopped image. Did he intend to defraud/scam/cheat anyone out of money. Were there even any financial repercussions to anyone.

Yep, and just how do you determine "intent". hm

So if we agree it comes down to intent then why are we assuming guilt? The whole innocent until proven.......

A couple "vouchers" chime in , a halo suddenly appears above the head of the accused, and sainthood is proclaimed.

No research is done or questions asked before assuming guilt. Guilty until proven innocent nowadays, right? That's how mob justice works.

I wish. The local crime syndicate in our area keeps getting bogged down by committees and red tape. "How many people saw him step to us on our turf? Was our thug the initial instigator? "

It never ends. Do you know how hard it is to get nine mob members together and agree on punishment? whacking this, sleep with the fishes, horse heads, fines, exiles.

I like having a say, but we're busy mobsters. I just don't have that kind of time.

:signfunny:

For me, it boils down to intent. How and for what purpose did he plan to use that photoshopped image. Did he intend to defraud/scam/cheat anyone out of money. Were there even any financial repercussions to anyone.

Yep, and just how do you determine "intent". hm

So if we agree it comes down to intent then why are we assuming guilt? The whole innocent until proven.......

A couple "vouchers" chime in , a halo suddenly appears above the head of the accused, and sainthood is proclaimed.

No research is done or questions asked before assuming guilt. Guilty until proven innocent nowadays, right? That's how mob justice works.

You act as though we photoshopped slabs . . . So your defense of someone else is to just flip it on it's head? Puh-leez! :makepoint:

And you act like the person didn't admit his mistake and let everyone know it wasn't intentional. You act like the guy should be hanged right? Do you have any idea how many people he helps in the comic book community over multiple forums? Is a person's character factor into the guilty until proven innocent mentality? Have you actually bought anything from the accused?

Oh please tell me the answers to those questions. I won't hold my breath.

Here are your answers:

No, never even hinted at that.

No, are you his mother?

There is no guilty until proven innocent mentality here, it's all what you read and think, not what others write.

Yes, I have.

And please, you may exhale now (just not in my direction, please).

Holy cow... this is still going on? It's not like he Photoshopped the image to push a sale- where's the harm?

Go find something to do. Go outside.

I've been outside all day at the beach. :grin: It seems like the anti-mob is really the mob here. What am I? a mob of one? lol

Well.... Good, the beach is fun. Sorry- a little on edge. I've been home all weekend with our 5 and 7 year olds (wife out of town in CA), so a little snippy. ;)

Carry on...

Holy cow... this is still going on? It's not like he Photoshopped the image to push a sale- where's the harm?

Go find something to do. Go outside.

I've been outside all day at the beach. :grin: It seems like the anti-mob is really the mob here. What am I? a mob of one? lol

I can change sides for a little bit if it helps ;)

I was out today and yesterday :cloud9: beach......weather was awesome.

And I agree with your opinion. :)

Perhaps, but even the Junk Donkey doesn't photoshop scans of slabs. :grin:

hm

This is true. I have fun posting endless emoticons instead. :whee:

That'll get you into trouble.

And I agree with your opinion. :)

Perhaps, but even the Junk Donkey doesn't photoshop scans of slabs. :grin:

hm

This is true. I have fun posting endless emoticons instead. :whee:

That'll get you into trouble.

Which is very lol

Looks like I'm a bit late but I'll say what others have said, if he's not selling it, who cares?

Also, I'm not familiar with the registry or how it works or what kind of info those serial numbers could make available to someone, but I know people who will blur out the license plate of cars they really own before posting them online. I know some people have very impressive collections, that I personally wouldn't be comfortable with people having too much info on if they were mine. I've seen people make inquiries as to "Who is so and so, the owner of this really expensive comic?" and although they're most likely just curious, questions like that just ring huge alarm bells for me. So someone screwed with the serial number on a comic they may or may not own. I don't see what kind of "Copycat" crime this could encourage, because people already try to sell comics that don't belong to them online, and if you fake a serial number, anyone who looks it up will know it's fake anyway, right? So who are they trying to fool?

On top of that, why would anyone search the serial number on a comic that wasn't for sale? I guess that's why some people blur out their license plates. I'm too lazy for all that, but I did mount a blank plate to my front bumper just in case ;)

So someone screwed with the serial number on a comic they may or may not own. I don't see what kind of "Copycat" crime this could encourage, because people already try to sell comics that don't belong to them online, and if you fake a serial number, anyone who looks it up will know it's fake anyway, right? So who are they trying to fool?

These are self-answering questions . . . :grin:

i was expecting a bunch of hilarious photoshopped slabs in this thread along the lines of something flea marquette used to do. i am disappointed. where is flea nowadays?