• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pontoon's Boston Comic Con Report 2015

84 posts in this topic

I heard some grouchy comic dealer was going to go toe-to-toe with a grouchy board member, but apparently the Battle Royale never materialized.

This fellow was an impeccable Penguin, but perhaps miscast or simply not into Marvels. He would make a great Vincent D’Onofrio Kingpin. Speaking of, I saw an amazing Matt Murdock but didn’t get a photo.

BCC_2015_Penguin.jpg

When he walked up to the table I almost said "Hi Cal!" before remembering he wears a purple suit, not just hat and tie.

Almost forgot this father and son team, Spider-Man and Lil' Deadpool. He picked up a Deadpool comic, as did many other folks. I don't think that character is going anywhere soon, though to this day I still have never read a single comic with him. In the words of one young man "He's been popular forever!"

BCC_2015_SpideyampDeadpool.jpg

I heard some grouchy comic dealer was going to go toe-to-toe with a grouchy board member, but apparently the Battle Royale never materialized.

Pontoon vs GA Collectibles?

Harley Quinn from behind. I think I saw more Harleys than anyone else this year. Netflix Daredevil was also popular. Didn't spot any Groots and missed the celebrity cosplayers like Ivy Doomkitty and Belle Chere.

BCC_2015_Harley.jpg

In terms of funnybooks to buy, I found the pickings a bit slim. I usually like to bring home a Silver Age key, some Atlas, especially PCH and pre-heros and then some nice run fillers. Most of my buys came from 4 New England area sellers. I probably should have taken a closer look at some of the New Dimension wall offerings but they were tough to see.

There were certainly some big books in the room, but they were either not in my wheelhouse or higher end, putting them out of my wheelhouse. I didn’t pick up anything exceptionally thrilling, but did get some nice stuff and walked out with the most comics I’ve ever bought at show. I almost could have been one of those guys lugging around a short box.

This was partially due to one fellow was blowing out a ton of Bronze and Copper with some Silver. The books have minor imperfections keeping them out of the uber high grades, but have super gloss and appear unread. Here’s one, I’ll post more later:

IM32.jpg

Completed my run of the Kid from Dodge city with this Circle 8 copy! Don Heck goodness!

KidDodge.jpg

Okay, so it only ran for two issues, it's still complete run.

:signfunny:

Pontoon worked hard this weekend as well, thanks for that! (worship)

He even took one for the team, as in a stray gumball to the eye. :foryou:

Pontoon worked hard this weekend as well, thanks for that! (worship)

He even took one for the team, as in a stray gumball to the eye. :foryou:

Thanks for reminding me about that dirty gumball gumball you picked off the floor and tossed right at my face, lodging itself itself between my glasses and left eye. Great way to start the weekend. Remember Andy, when you least expect it… expect it.

Shouts to CKB!; I did see you but was running elsewhere. Also chatted with HarveySwick, Junkdrawer, underthebigW, blazingbob (sort of), Piersonite, comicartfan and what’s his name… of yeah! Ryan. Was hoping to run into rob_react but I didn’t spot him.

I probably shouldn’t have made a list since I undoubtedly am forgetting somebody.