• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

another Tampa comic con report

32 posts in this topic

Rick,

Looking at your sales list, I don't see any Hulk 1 sales despite having multiple copies available (e.g. using your both pic as a reference). Has this book cooled in your mind?

It was a highly requested book. I'm just not "giving" them away right now (thumbs u

Gotcha

there are 3 books I am pricing myself way ahead of the market on... af15, hulk1 and now asm129....my prices were "not good" or even close to current FMV on those 3 issues...and I'm ok with that...plenty of other good books to sell :)

I know you have given a really deep, inside, con review, so not sure if you covered this. Do you insure your books? I would be concerned traveling with a million (?) in inventory. I probably am over thinking it.

I know you have given a really deep, inside, con review, so not sure if you covered this. Do you insure your books? I would be concerned traveling with a million (?) in inventory. I probably am over thinking it.
absolutely....my entire inventory and personal collection is insured with Collectibles insurance agency...

Brave and the bold 28 cgc 1.8 (sold it 2x actually...first buyer left in booth after it was paid for , for me to hold, and while I wasn't looking another buyer tried to buy it...luckily I caught!)

yeah, that was me. lol

I bought the B&B 28 then asked Gator if I could leave it at his booth and then pick it up when I left for the day, and it almost sold to another customer by one of Ricks staff, sorry about that Rick, just goes to show that the book was such a great deal that it sold twice! :) it seriously is one of the best presenting CGC 1.8s I've ever seen,

also let me just say that Rick is a great guy, I was there with my son and a friend of mine who lives in Sarasota and who is just getting into comic collecting, Rick treated us great and talked to us alot even though his booth was very busy, he never once made me or the people I was with feel like were a nuisance to him, I was trying my best to not overstay my welcome, but hard not to with so many incredible books on his wall, (and even in boxes not put up on the wall like 5 copies of Superman #17!?) just crazy.

it was great seeing you again Rick and thanks again for your hospitality, glad you had a great show. (thumbs u

Brave and the bold 28 cgc 1.8 (sold it 2x actually...first buyer left in booth after it was paid for , for me to hold, and while I wasn't looking another buyer tried to buy it...luckily I caught!)

yeah, that was me. lol

I bought the B&B 28 then asked Gator if I could leave it at his booth and then pick it up when I left for the day, and it almost sold to another customer by one of Ricks staff, sorry about that Rick, just goes to show that the book was such a great deal that it sold twice! :) it seriously is one of the best presenting CGC 1.8s I've ever seen,

also let me just say that Rick is a great guy, I was there with my son and a friend of mine who lives in Sarasota and who is just getting into comic collecting, Rick treated us great and talked to us alot even though his booth was very busy, he never once made me or the people I was with feel like were a nuisance to him, I was trying my best to not overstay my welcome, but with so many incredible books on his wall, (and even in boxes not put up on the wall like 5 copies of Superman #17!?) just crazy.

it was great seeing you again Rick and thanks again for your hospitality, glad you had a great show. (thumbs u

(worship)

Did your experiment work out profit wise?

yes...the 6000 books that sold paid for the additional 2 booths, the van, the hotels and meals for 2 New force staffers and their salaries and a bonus! and some profit left over.... plus it moved 25+ long boxes of books that had been long exposed to and shopped over by my locals... win/win!

I usually bring 12-15 boxes of $1 books (bagged and alphabetized) and I really want/need to sell at least 1/3 of those. Yes, it's decent money, but it also is easy money (for the most part). People aren't haggling, they get their pile and walk away happy. Why more dealers don't have "cheapie" bins is beyond me.

Rick,

Looking at your sales list, I don't see any Hulk 1 sales despite having multiple copies available (e.g. using your both pic as a reference). Has this book cooled in your mind?

It was a highly requested book. I'm just not "giving" them away right now (thumbs u

Gotcha

there are 3 books I am pricing myself way ahead of the market on... af15, hulk1 and now asm129....my prices were "not good" or even close to current FMV on those 3 issues...and I'm ok with that...plenty of other good books to sell :)

Well, given that your sales chart from the show indicates that you sold a couple AF15 and ASM129, congrats on a super successful show. :headbang: