• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How Much is This Piece of Junk Worth?

34 posts in this topic

So, to say I'm going Batty is an understatement. I knew it was flawless, but I guess the best you could hope for is a 9.8. I love Gambit, grew up with him, but can I justify keeping this rarity of a book. Although the market will decide if it eventually leaves my hands, I would like others opinions on the book. Thank you in advance.

IMG_2652_zpsled7fomg.jpg

Is it better to do it before the movie, maybe a month or two, or wait until it gets here? I would think before as there will be more bidders hoping to cash in on a bump that may or may not continue to grow.

Is it better to do it before the movie, maybe a month or two, or wait until it gets here? I would think before as there will be more bidders hoping to cash in on a bump that may or may not continue to grow.
I don't think you wait til the movie is released. A lot of 'high bidders' will want to have the book on their wall/in their shop before the movie. So maybe 1 month out?

OR if Gambit makes a cameo in the easter egg of the next Xmen movie or something you can do it then.

Like Thanos at the end of Avengers.

If I can spot a flaw within three seconds, then it's not flawless.

I think you'll be able to get around $2200 for it close to the movie's release, barring any unforeseen crashes in the market.

Tree Fiddy sounds about right Jay lol

I appreciate the feedback guys. So, I may be buggin, but give me your thoughts. I should have said this in my first post, but if a 9.9 NM98 could sell for 7K (Of course Deadpool is way more popular etc. etc.), with movie buzz, there only being 14 on the census, and it selling two years ago at the 1700 mark, does anybody else think this is at least a 4K two years later. I do actually. Thoughts.

Tree Fiddy sounds about right Jay lol

I appreciate the feedback guys. So, I may be buggin, but give me your thoughts. I should have said this in my first post, but if a 9.9 NM98 could sell for 7K (Of course Deadpool is way more popular etc. etc.), with movie buzz, there only being 14 on the census, and it selling two years ago at the 1700 mark, does anybody else think this is at least a 4K two years later. I do actually. Thoughts.

I'm not sure that when you're considering things that are as scarce as the total number in the teens that a comparison with another book is going to return accurate results. Bottom line is how deep the pockets are of the most serious Gambit fans. I think there are probably a lot more people willing to drop a large chunk of money on Deadpool, thinking it will appreciate, than on Gambit. So your customer base is probably going to be amongst fans more than dealers. That's going to make a big difference.