• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How Much is This Piece of Junk Worth?

34 posts in this topic

Tree Fiddy sounds about right Jay lol

I appreciate the feedback guys. So, I may be buggin, but give me your thoughts. I should have said this in my first post, but if a 9.9 NM98 could sell for 7K (Of course Deadpool is way more popular etc. etc.), with movie buzz, there only being 14 on the census, and it selling two years ago at the 1700 mark, does anybody else think this is at least a 4K two years later. I do actually. Thoughts.

I'm not sure that when you're considering things that are as scarce as the total number in the teens that a comparison with another book is going to return accurate results. Bottom line is how deep the pockets are of the most serious Gambit fans. I think there are probably a lot more people willing to drop a large chunk of money on Deadpool, thinking it will appreciate, than on Gambit. So your customer base is probably going to be amongst fans more than dealers. That's going to make a big difference.

agree, deadpool has had plenty of popular titles and has plenty of semi-valuable back issues, and a million cosplays. Gambit has had a few failed series, and has 1 valuable comic. There's room for growth, but its hard to compare with Deadpool easily.

I appreciate the feedback guys. So, I may be buggin, but give me your thoughts. I should have said this in my first post, but if a 9.9 NM98 could sell for 7K (Of course Deadpool is way more popular etc. etc.), with movie buzz, there only being 14 on the census, and it selling two years ago at the 1700 mark, does anybody else think this is at least a 4K two years later. I do actually. Thoughts.

Increased demand for sure....but the census won't be shrinking either.

Ask Boston Corbett about moderns and sticking with a forecast model that proceeds only upwards.

Get as much as you can, plow it into a SA key, never look back, and smile smile smile.

$4k? No. I don't think so.

I had thrown out that crazy number (I know) because of a few things. Coppers have been heating up for quite some time now, specifically the last year, 266 in 9.8 has nearly doubled (Yes, due to movie hype, but we still have to take that into account), and many other coppers have seen tremendous growth as well, movie hype or not. With the influx of collectors, investors, etc., it would be hard for me to believe that in two years the book would only see a few hundred dollars in growth. It's sold for up to $2500 in the past as well.

I'm gonna go conservative and say that if you time it perfectly, you might pull $3500 for it if no other 9.9 goes on the market at the same time. Worst case tho? Probably $2200-2500.

Agreed. Deadpool is obviously more popular than Gambit, but the market is crazy right now. if people are dropping 3K on modern variant books, thit is not far fetch to think that they would drop 4K+ and up on an established first apperance copper key in 9.9.

It only takes 1 Gambit fan with deep pockets.

I sold the last copy in 9.9, I don't remember the census but I'm pretty sure it was below 10 at that time. I tried to get 10 times 9.8 and fell a little short, it was a make an offer sale. I had several offers coming in at 1500 which I declined. My opinion is 14 copies on the census hurts the value of this book, regardless of the increased popularity. I would sell today and be satisfied at 3500, but wouldn't be surprised if it auctioned around 2000.

No it requires 2 gambit fans with deep pockets lol

:roflmao:

If that were my copy I would just throw that sucker on auction and let market decide the price. I think it will sell for a nice chunk of change.

I sold the last copy in 9.9, I don't remember the census but I'm pretty sure it was below 10 at that time. I tried to get 10 times 9.8 and fell a little short, it was a make an offer sale. I had several offers coming in at 1500 which I declined. My opinion is 14 copies on the census hurts the value of this book, regardless of the increased popularity. I would sell today and be satisfied at 3500, but wouldn't be surprised if it auctioned around 2000.

Very interesting info. Thanks man. I think an auction could go batty, but only if I have the cahunas to do it. lol. I think 14 is still relatively small though, considering the amount subbed. It really is a tough call. I def feel stoked to own it.