• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chucks latest tranparent money grab

43 posts in this topic

Whoops, I see now I am talking 'bout the wrong book! makepoint.gif
Dumb tall white guy! OK, I added the first word but Dam described you using that term! poke2.gif

for more on the "lowering" of their prices, check this <a href="http://comics.drunkenfist.com/archive/2004_03_07_archive.shtm#107877918849052917]post</a>

some of those prices are usurous...a "dallas stephens" book is three times more expensive than a Gaines File copy of Crime Suspense Stories?

why not take some time out of your obviously not busy day ( poke2.gif ) and work on an update

(for more on the "lowering" of their prices, check this post.)

some of those prices are usurous...a "dallas stephens" book is three times more expensive than a Gaines File copy of Crime Suspense Stories?

why not take some time out of your obviously not busy day ( poke2.gif ) and work on an update

I've actually got two projects in line already. Those take any down time I've got. I'm almost done with one of them- a full comparison of the original MH catalog grades with their current CGC grades. After that I'm going to start to collate data on the fifty most valuable individual books in the hobby.

metropolis doesn't sell 75 cent books, does it?

and when they get a bunch of low grade SA readers they usually dump them cheap in lots on ebay?

(the location i went to doesn't look like it has THAT much inventory to sell everything under the sun)

so they're sort of going after different markets, albeit milehigh tries to do all markets

metropolis doesn't sell 75 cent books, does it?

and when they get a bunch of low grade SA readers they usually dump them cheap in lots on ebay?

(the location i went to doesn't look like it has THAT much inventory to sell everything under the sun)

so they're sort of going after different markets, albeit milehigh tries to do all markets

Well, sure. But, since Mile high has crossover with Metro, and the area where there is crossover is if interest to the folks around there, there is a comparison to be made and I made it. It was done to offer another point of reference to understand MH's pricing. Just because they do diverge in their offerings doesn't mean that the places where they intersect are somehow invalid for comparison. A price (say $11,000 for a FN ASM#1) is a price is a price, not matter what else they might be selling.

When people here talk about how expensive MH is they're not even thinking about their prices for Amethyst #7, they're thinking about their prices for the sort of books that people around here might care about- the collectible stuff. that's the stuff I pay attention to when I do these little projects.

I try to buy my ASM #1s from little old ladies who don't know what they are. It's the only way I can get a deal. I figure if I buy from one of the big guys I'm going to need to wait 10 years before I'm able to make my money back.

As for CR's "purchase" -- yeah, 95% of the 100K comics is probably junkola. Were it 100,000 good books, the dealer could have probably used it as collateral on a loan or done a big show and blown it out.

Heck, if he listed the good stuff he could have sold it on ebay for more than $30K if this is a reputable dealer with a storefront. It's the shadey looking stuff that people won't bid on.

Dumb tall white guy! OK, I added the first word but Dam described you using that term! poke2.gif

Who you callin' tall? sumo.gif893naughty-thumb.gif

OK...runt! poke2.gif

All us white guys look the same....

But some of their necks are redder than others!

27_laughing.gif

I prefer "Cracker American" over "white guy".

don't want to be nit-picking here but the note said; 100,000 of his best BACK ISSUE comics, including a large number of silver age. that truly is a far cry from 100,000 of the best Silver Age comics........... grin.gif........and may put this all in a different perspective...........

thats a fair nit to pick. I read it as all or mostly SA but certainly must include lots of 90s books worth less than 30 cents. STill would like ONCE for Chuck to help out another dealer in need rather than take advantage of him and try to convince us hes a good guy for doing so... at least be honest enough to say that HE will PROFIT well from his actions, not just us and the dealer...

One time, at Mile High....

Chuck used a rolled up Action 252 as a 'bite guard' for an epileptic having a seizure on the sidewalk in front of his third-largest store. Later sold as a VF/NM on his website!

sign-funnypost.gif

I'd buy that for a dollar!

One time, at Mile High....

Chuck used a rolled up Action 252 as a 'bite guard' for an epileptic having a seizure on the sidewalk in front of his third-largest store. Later sold as a VF/NM on his website!

The last time I purchased anything from Mile High was about 8 years ago. I bought a bunch of BA books ($3 each) listed in NM condition that graded well when I sent them to CGC last year. Incredible Hulk #195 (9.4), Justice League of America #122 (9.4), Defenders #18 (9.4), and Daredevil #180 (9.6). What happened to these guys? Did they just pick out the best books after CGC came out and CGC'd or sold them separately? confused-smiley-013.gif