• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JLA Classified #4 (Spoilers)

10 posts in this topic

It wouldn't be odd if you had some background, but I guess you don't know about JLI or (more recently) "Formerly Known as the Justice League." This arc is a continuation of one of the best series of the late 80s early 90s by the same creative team.

I thought this issue was awesome. It had an independent feel to it. Since there was no major use of power or a major fight. It was just a fun lighthearted issue, but not so over the top as She-Hulk normally is.

Although it was kinda weird reading about Sue Dibny. frown.gif

I thought this issue was awesome. It had an independent feel to it. Since there was no major use of power or a major fight. It was just a fun lighthearted issue, but not so over the top as She-Hulk normally is.

Although it was kinda weird reading about Sue Dibny. frown.gif

Yeah, took me a while to grasp that, even though I kept reading "Sue" and knew Elongated Man was right there. It did have a very indy feel to it. It was cool, just not what I've become accustomed too in the past year.

It wouldn't be odd if you had some background, but I guess you don't know about JLI or (more recently) "Formerly Known as the Justice League." This arc is a continuation of one of the best series of the late 80s early 90s by the same creative team.

elucidate please. i have a looooong run of those books, so feel free to take shortcuts wrt descriptions. and when you say "creative team" i wonder specifically to whom you refer

elucidate please. i have a looooong run of those books, so feel free to take shortcuts wrt descriptions. and when you say "creative team" i wonder specifically to whom you refer

The original creative team: Giffen/ DeMatteis/Maguire/Rubinstein

i thought you were talking about Maguire/DeMatteis, but had to make sure you weren't referring to one of the "offshoot" books, like JLE or god knows what else. Although I have always been a Bart Sears fan.

Kevin Maguire has the best style of any artist that uses action figures as models IMHO. i kid. i dig Maguire, a lot, and was disappointed when he bailed on Justice League.

actually, his facial expressions are leagues better than most

I jumped on board with issue #4. It was great. I am a fan of the original creative team: Giffen/ DeMatteis/Maguire/Rubinstein.

It was a little odd seeing Sue. Wonder if they'll try and sneak in a "My you're looking dead this morning honey" from Ralph.

Good seeing a little variety in superhero comics.

i thought you were talking about Maguire/DeMatteis, but had to make sure you weren't referring to one of the "offshoot" books, like JLE or god knows what else. Although I have always been a Bart Sears fan.

Kevin Maguire has the best style of any artist that uses action figures as models IMHO. i kid. i dig Maguire, a lot, and was disappointed when he bailed on Justice League.

actually, his facial expressions are leagues better than most

I think Maguire's work is truly excellent and vastly underrated... his "facial expressions," as you put it, are nothing short of amazing! 893applaud-thumb.gif