• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Button up!

6 posts in this topic

So, I finally found three of the rare UK buttons... how rare, you ask? Well, I have looked for them since I first heard of them in the early 1990's, I have been on eBay daily and weekly since 1997/98, and these are to my knowledge the first that turn up.

The Captain America button borrowed its picture from Tales of Suspense #59, but what about the others? The Spiderman picture seems vaguely familiar as either a Ditko or Romita work but I can't recall where I have seen it before. Anyone care to help?

knappar_zpsbhraxpbg.jpg

Love those! I have never seen them and I collect stuff like that. Being that they are from Britain makes them very scarce over here. But, if no one in Britain has ever seen them, that's saying something.

I have this British Superman button from the 1950's. (top right) It has a DC copyright on it so it isn't a bootleg or fantasy piece. I have had several serious English collectors tell me they have never seen it either.

supeclubpins_zps44afa6a2.jpg

Robotman, nice collection! I love the robots, and all the different club member cards must have been a lifetime's work!

This is the ad that appeared in the Swedish Spider-man comic in june 1975:

Knapplapp_zpsomnzymyz.jpg

Later I found these ads on the backside of UK Marvel mags:

002_zpstmisqayo.jpg

001_zpsp6r4gc32.jpg

These were advertised in october and december 1974.

So in total there are (at least?) 14 different buttons and 12 different patches to look for.