• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Top 5 Graphic Novels/TPBs/Collected Editions/etc - What are your favorites?

47 posts in this topic

Limiting to just ones I own currently:

Absolute New Frontier - Darwyn Cooke

Parker: Martini Edition - Darwyn Cooke

Locas - Jaime Hernandez

Marvel Graphic Novel #5 - Claremont/Anderson

Absolute The Long Halloween - Loeb/Sale

Hopefully they'll one day they'll put all of the Parker stuff in one big Omnibus..... still a great collection.

Locas - Jaime Hernandez

Hopefully they'll one day they'll put all of the Parker stuff in one big Omnibus..... still a great collection.

I had trouble getting into Parker. It was slow to take-off, so I didn't finish the first one. Am I really missing out?

Locas - Jaime Hernandez

I had trouble getting into Parker. It was slow to take-off, so I didn't finish the first one. Am I really missing out?

I enjoyed it until the prose sections in book 2 or 3 (can't remember which). That prose hit me like a brick wall and threw the whole feel of the book off completely for me. I own all the hardcovers but never finished them :(

But rather than list everything I have read, I am interested in people's to 5 or so graphic novels they have enjoyed - particularly if they are not superhero related (or at least not top tier superheroes).

Here's one that hasn't been mentioned but should be - Rex Mundi. "The series is a quest for the Holy Grail told as a murder mystery. It is set in the year 1933, in an alternate history Europe, where magic is real, feudalism persisted, and the Protestant Reformation was crushed by a still politically powerful Catholic Church." If you enjoyed the Da Vinci Code, you'll love this.

Some others that haven't been mentioned:

The Killer

XIII

Sex (not to be confused with Sex Criminals)

Velvet

Thief of Thieves

Gotham Central

Hush

Superman/Batman: Supergirl (Gallery Edition)

Under the Hood

For Tomorrow/Superman Unchained (combined they're worth a spot - not individually)

too many ties for my 5th spot - DKR, Killing Joke, Long Halloween etc.