• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay seller Kamikazecomics Moebius OA

23 posts in this topic

Anyone else bid on this piece?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Moebius-Original-art-La-Memoire-Dlame-Launier-SIGNED-VERY-RARE-Jean-Giraud-/181818495929?nma=true&si=YVT070Qm6JTu0%252B0sEbAKfaxv5XA%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I won it, at $361, but now the seller sends a message:

"I'm sorry but this consignment piece was backed out by the seller. I apologize for the inconvenience. "

After my annoyed reply, he went on to say:

"If he plans on selling it at a later date, i will send you a message. It seemed he could not part with it under 500 dollars when all said and done. sorry about this. "

"This is a consignment and didnt realize the trouble of getting the seller to agree with the number. I apologize and cant sell it at a number the seller doesnt want to take"

And:

"I tried to end it on the last day but it wouldnt allow me to."

So, thoughts?

try to see if he can square it with you on another piece

That's smart. I may have burned that bridge, but good idea.

What do you think of the FMV on this piece? Sale wasn't too far from my max, so price seemed about fair to me.

well... you can also neg him. seller's can't "not sell". He may have a valid reason, or he may be simply unhappy with the selling price, but either way, on an ebay sale, the seller has an obligation to sell, and the buyer has an obligation to buy, otherwise the whole system falls apart.

Malvin

well... you can also neg him. seller's can't "not sell". He may have a valid reason, or he may be simply unhappy with the selling price, but either way, on an ebay sale, the seller has an obligation to sell, and the buyer has an obligation to buy, otherwise the whole system falls apart.

Malvin

+1. There are reserves available for a reason.

This reminds me of a story, he is probably on this board but let me repeat it.

Years (probably 10 years by now). There was a piece I liked on ebay (by a big name artist), and it was personalized to (Let's use "Mike" as an example). It was past the timeframe that you can end auctions (12 hours I believe) so the seller was cancelling people's bids. I went ahead and sniped anyways, I had nothing to lose.

So I won it, and the seller, whose name happened to be "Mike" explained that he was selling it for a friend but the friend wanted a reserve and he forgot to put it, and he tried to end the auction but couldn't.

Of course I knew I couldn't force him to sell and I let it go without negging him.

Now, do you know what the best twist is? The seller said he was an amateur artist and offered to draw me a sketch of the same character for the price I won it on ebay. I politely declined ;)

Malvin

If you cut to the chase, eBay can't grant you specific performance; unlike HA, CLink, etc., they don't hold the item and they're not going to send someone to the seller's house to repossess the item and send it to you. Even if the seller puts the same item on sale again, I'm not aware of any way to make eBay stay that auction and require the seller to sell you the item for your winning bid.

And assuming the item is not one of a kind, you can't even get the seller to pay you the cost it'd take you to buy a similar item from another source. For that or specific performance you'd need to file a real law suit. The only thing eBay can do is give you back your money, acknowledge that you were in the right and negative feedback to the seller.

I agree. it not a whole lot you can do. you can give the guy a neg and call it a day and move on. or maybe you can offer the guy like 400 and tell him its a fair offer and a promise not to leave a neg. so hopefully you both can live with this. or not.

really? maybe I am missing something, normally when the seller cancels the sale, I get a notice that I have to action (select whether or not you got your money back)

Maybe you can still neg after the 7 days, lets hope you can!

Malvin

Do not do this method. It is meant as a joke.

Make a dummy account on EBAY and blast all of his sales with stupid numbers then never pay. Just make sure you do it from a different IP and computer. ie the local library. Fake email, fake ebay account, make the guy mad cause he does not make any money. PRICELESS. Do it for weeks. Sorry that is the vindictive side of me.

Just hope you can leave negative feedback in 7 days.

Don't tell me you have not thought about this method before. Because you have all thought about it at one point in time. I just said.