• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

who's got a solid, mid-grade FF#5 for sale/trade?

20 posts in this topic

I am looking for a decent copy of FF#5, the first appearance of Doctor Doom.

A 6.0 would be my ideal copy but I'd settle for something a little better or worse. slabbed or un-slabbed but I'd need to see scans if it's un-slabbed.

I'll happily pay the average GPanalysis price or guide price for the book. Maybe even a slight premium depending on the copy. I MAY be willing to trade if I have what you are looking for. I only collect pre-1965 Silver-age marvels.

Any takers?

I'll have one in a couple of weeks but it won't be priced at guide

So you are going to be selling it below guide, what a guy!!! thumbsup2.gif

Any idea when you will be getting your next batch back from CGC? Please specify the year as say March 24th could be one month, or one year and one month. As long as the turnaround times are, that might not be a joke. blush.gif

I'll have one in a couple of weeks but it won't be priced at guide

So you are going to be selling it below guide, what a guy!!! thumbsup2.gif

Any idea when you will be getting your next batch back from CGC? Please specify the year as say March 24th could be one month, or one year and one month. As long as the turnaround times are, that might not be a joke. blush.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

thanks, I've seen those books on the Bay.

I'm looking for slightly nicer copies. If I believed the Neatstuff book would actually end up being a 5.0 as advertised then I'd buy it, but I've had nothing but terrible experiences buying from them.

They are:

1) Slow at shipping

2) Unresponsive to e-mails and when they do respond it's typically late

3) Aggressive with their grading (at least on books I've bought from them)

4) Very prone to make mistakes, i.e. mailing to the wrong address, sending wrong books (not to me but to others I've read about on the forums)

I would never buy an expensive raw book from them for all of the above reasons. sumo.gif

buying from mike c. in person is a lot different (and more entertaining) than purchasing from his ebay persona, which isn't him, but rather a bunch of guys in his warehouse.

I agree. I have been to the warehouse to pick up an eBay win before. I have also had numerous e-mail exchanges with regards to eBay purchases. Most of the time I deal with Brian, but I NEVER dealt with Carbonaro with regards to eBay/online purchases.

buying from mike c. in person is a lot different (and more entertaining) than purchasing from his ebay persona, which isn't him, but rather a bunch of guys in his warehouse.
I also agree Dealing with him in person is actually quite fun, and you can get a decent deal!!! Whoever is handling the online business should have been fired 3 Years ago.