• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HOLY DC I got a haul..

36 posts in this topic

of comic books..pictures to follow OMG I am so excited ..hundreds of books..trades..hard covers..all of DC comics releases for the past 4 months..

Thank you soooooo much person who traded me these!!!

And I now how fond feelings for the Fedex guy...for hauling these books to my house!!!

Not only that..the trader double boxed them with padding...OMG in love

156980.jpg.f7869b04fbc4a04c11b846d843f7bc44.jpg

156981.jpg.cfe4c66039af7fd1c4713cf871ebe40d.jpg

156982.jpg.69e885844756b5de372853abc9fe7e48.jpg

156983.jpg.585be90af5954a1c741e092cb3346188.jpg

156984.jpg.f0ef7e3504a9540b37b278cf5e0ba97a.jpg

I have NO IDEA what those titles are Kav!! I traded someone my twitter ID for four months of DC comp boxes

Since the twitter handle was free they cost me nothing to find out what the titles are!!

I got several hardcovers,so far 55 TPB/Graphics..and about 300-400 comic books..

He sent them FEDEX double boxed and securely packaged..

I officially stoked...

So is batman 66 like campy and they get put in these ridiculous death traps and stuff?

:cloud9:

How/where did you make the trade?

He contacted me via facebook to ask if I was the person with the handle he wanted. He said from what little he could see with my profile set on private..I was "sort of a comic book person" and he is a professional with TMNT and such affiliations as such..he gets DC comp boxes of all the new titles for the month...so he wanted to know if I would trade three months for my ID.

I said sure. I explained that I haven't purchased a new book in five years..since our house burned down..everytime I look at a book..I think of how incredibly flammable they are and it makes me sad..

He said that being the case if I would wait until he got August's box and send me four months worth..

He said "I don't think you realize it's more books than you can imagine"

I told him "I can imagine quite a lot"

I could nearly start a Scrooge styled Comics bin and swim in it..

YAY!!!

:cloud9:

How/where did you make the trade?

He contacted me via facebook to ask if I was the person with the handle he wanted. He said from what little he could see with my profile set on private..I was "sort of a comic book person" and he is a professional with TMNT and such affiliations as such..he gets DC comp boxes of all the new titles for the month...so he wanted to know if I would trade three months for my ID.

I said sure. I explained that I haven't purchased a new book in five years..since our house burned down..everytime I look at a book..I think of how incredibly flammable they are and it makes me sad..

He said that being the case if I would wait until he got August's box and send me four months worth..

He said "I don't think you realize it's more books than you can imagine"

I told him "I can imagine quite a lot"

I could nearly start a Scrooge styled Comics bin and swim in it..

YAY!!!

That's a great story.

I'd like to know more about his connections. :) I wonder if he's an artist, or maybe involved more on the corporate end. It would be fun to get comped all that stuff every month.

Well...you have lots of reading material now...that should be fun.

Hopefully one of the books will have a perfume sample of Ke$ha the new fragrance from Ke$ha