• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Greatest American Hero

56 posts in this topic

Believe it or not, I'm walking on air, I never thought I could feel so freeeee...

Flyin' away, a wing and a prayer

Who could it be...?

Believe it or not, it's just me....

From memory, biznatches.

Awesome!

Now do The Facts of Life theme song. :popcorn:

Believe it or not, I'm walking on air, I never thought I could feel so freeeee...

Who could it be...?

From memory, biznatches.

Awesome!

You take the good, you take the bad, you take 'em both, and there you have

The facts of life. The fact of life.

There's a time you gotta grow and show the world you really know about

The facts of life...the facts of life.

When the world never seems

To be livin' up to your dreams

And suddenly you're finding out, the facts of life are all about you

You-uu-uu-uuuu

It takes a lot to get 'em right

When you're learnin' the facts of life (learnin' the facts of life) the facts of life (facts)

The facts of LIIIIIFFFFE!

Ok, that was from memory, too, but I think I got a few words wrong.

Now I gotta go check...

Kid's shows aren't supposed to hold up to adult viewing.

I agree that I was glued to this show and have fond memories of it.

True, same with Six Million Dollar Man. Loved that show as a kid. I actively avoid watching reruns so I don't destroy what I've built up in my head.

William Katt might be one of the nicest and most genuine guys you would ever have a chance to meet. He's very outgoing and conscientious and you really wish him all the success in the world after meeting him.

Thank goodness I don't have that problem. I'm fully able to still enjoy those shows for what they are and in their proper context.

Who could it be...?

From memory, biznatches.

Awesome!

You-uu-uu-uuuu

When you're learnin' the facts of life (learnin' the facts of life) the facts of life (facts)

Now I gotta go check...

:o

Who could it be...?

From memory, biznatches.

Awesome!

You-uu-uu-uuuu

Now I gotta go check...

:o

You can test me in Baltimore if you want.

:D

Pick an 80's theme song, any 80's theme song...

Just not Family Ties...I can never remember how that goes.

Kid's shows aren't supposed to hold up to adult viewing.

I agree that I was glued to this show and have fond memories of it.

True, same with Six Million Dollar Man. Loved that show as a kid. I actively avoid watching reruns so I don't destroy what I've built up in my head.

William Katt might be one of the nicest and most genuine guys you would ever have a chance to meet. He's very outgoing and conscientious and you really wish him all the success in the world after meeting him.

Thank goodness I don't have that problem. I'm fully able to still enjoy those shows for what they are and in their proper context.

Ditto. I watch very little TV compared to most but ME TV with all those 60's-80's reruns is usually the first channel I turn to. I remember recently watched a Gilligan Island and something happened that gave me a serious case of the giggles. These shows still hold up.

We recently finished the entire run of Knight Rider as a family. I was sad when it ended. Yes, there is plenty of cheese and poor special effects (in today's terms), but the show still holds up for me - good family friendly entertainment. My kids loved it and so did their friends. They have seen one episode of Greatest American Hero and loved that as well. I need to pick that up on DVD to watch the entire run with them.

After I read this thread I watched some episodes of Perfect Strangers on youtube. Especially the one where Cousin Larry and Balki go to the gym and after working out they wake up and cant move . Comedies held up better then sci fi or action shows.,

I loved this show and agree it doesn't hold up well. But know that doesn't diminish my fondness for it. That theme song was one of the first 45's I ever bought!

I remember there was one episode where they were driving on a dark road at night and passed someone on the side of the road then a few minutes later passed them again. When I was a kid, that totally freaked me out! lol

The one thing I recall about the show that annoyed me was that he never quite got the hang of using the super suit. Maybe that was for comedic effect- not sure. But it was frustrating and I think there were instructions on how to use it but they were lost or something. Can anyone recall what the deal was with the instructions and who made the suit?

must have been the comic collector in me wanting to know the origins that I was used to finding eventually