• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Future of the Top 10 SA comics (5 years from now)?

90 posts in this topic

How are people ranking these books? Value? Real-world value or like... Overstreet or something? I'd love to try my hand at this list, but I want to know what the actual framework is.

Of course, I could just define my own and be done with it hm

How are people ranking these books? Value? Real-world value or like... Overstreet or something? I'd love to try my hand at this list, but I want to know what the actual framework is. hm

It's extremely scientific. Similar to my beauty rankings for females; Babermetrics.

I'm just kidding. I simply guessed.

Five years from now!

1-AF 15

2-X-Men 1

3-TOS 39

4-BB 28

5-HULK 1

6- DAREDEVIL 1

7-Strange Tales 110

8-JIM 83

9-SC 4

10-FF 1(barely hanging on to the top 10. How the mighty have fallen!).

As reasonable a list as any, although count me as being in the camp that's skeptical of the staying power of ST 110.

Five years from now!

1-AF 15

2-X-Men 1

3-TOS 39

4-BB 28

5-HULK 1

6- DAREDEVIL 1

7-Strange Tales 110

8-JIM 83

9-SC 4

As reasonable a list as any, although count me as being in the camp that's skeptical of the staying power of ST 110.

I think Doctor Strange is going to be a huge movie at box office, certainly bigger than Ant-Man or the latest Fantastic Four bomb.

Benedict Cumberbatch the guy playing Doctor Strange is very popular with millennials.

Five years from now!

1-AF 15

2-X-Men 1

3-TOS 39

4-BB 28

5-HULK 1

6- DAREDEVIL 1

7-Strange Tales 110

8-JIM 83

9-SC 4

I think Doctor Strange is going to be a huge movie at box office, certainly bigger than Ant-Man or the latest Fantastic Four bomb.

Benedict Cumberbatch the guy playing Doctor Strange is very popular with millennials.

Maybe. I bow to no one in my admiration for Cumberbatch, but he couldn't keep The Fifth Estate from being one of the bigger bombs in recent Hollywood history. I would say the film could go either way, but however it does, I wouldn't bet on ST 110 over FF 1 in the long run.

Five years from now!

1-AF 15 - yes

2-X-Men 1 - Wolverine is popular, the X-men are not. Could easily fall out of top 10.

3-TOS 39 - DAD = Done after Downey

4-BB 28 - yes

5-HULK 1 - yes

6- DAREDEVIL 1 - on the fence, the show isn't great, definitely near the bottom

7-Strange Tales 110 - wishful thinking, he would have to be he new Downey (possible but unlikely)

8-JIM 83 - gotten a very small bump so far, probably barely making top 10

9-SC 4 - yes

10-FF 1(barely hanging on to the top 10. How the mighty have fallen!). - zero chance

Added my thoughts, this list has quite a bit of optimism.

So what is your top 10? I see the comments but you did not list your top 10.

Pushy pushy.

1 - AF15

2 - SC 4

3 - Hulk 1

4 - BB 28

5 - ASM 1 (even though I don't like it here)

6 - SC 22

7 - TOS 39

8 - JIM 83

9 - XM 1

10 - DD 1

Five years from now!

1-AF 15

2-X-Men 1

3-TOS 39

4-BB 28

5-HULK 1

6- DAREDEVIL 1

7-Strange Tales 110

8-JIM 83

9-SC 4

I think Doctor Strange is going to be a huge movie at box office, certainly bigger than Ant-Man or the latest Fantastic Four

Maybe. I bow to no one in my admiration for Cumberbatch, but he couldn't keep The Fifth Estate from being one of the bigger bombs in recent Hollywood history. I would say the film could go either way, but however it does, I wouldn't bet on ST 110 over FF 1 in the long run.

Well the subject matter kept most people away, and was not produced to do hundreds of millions at the box office like Dr Strange, a potential Marvel blockbuster, is being crafted to do.. Very different film projects with very different expectations.

So what is your top 10? I see the comments but you did not list your top 10.

Pushy pushy.

1 - AF15

2 - SC 4

3 - Hulk 1

4 - BB 28

5 - ASM 1 (even though I don't like it here)

6 - SC 22

7 - TOS 39

8 - JIM 83

9 - XM 1

10 - DD 1

..... I'm assuming by "Top 10" we are referring to value in OPG. This list above is actually not too bad...... but with the influence on value that scarcity in grade plays on demand, I just don't see ASM 1, X-Men 1, or DD 1 supplanting the FF on this list. I also don't see SC 4 ever outperforming Hulk 1. The only reason I could see SC 4 so high on the list is historical significance, which should, conversely apply to the FF as well. We also may be applying too much influence on Movie Hype/ "street cred" as a factor. If Box Office success is such a prime driver, why is Avengers 1 not on this list ? Books generally spike BEFORE a movie is released, not after, when prices generally correct or stabilize. I'm also not understanding why SC 22 is so high on the list..... D.C. has already blown one GL movie. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

..... I'm assuming by "Top 10" we are referring to value in OPG. This list above is actually not too bad...... but with the influence on value that scarcity in grade plays on demand, I just don't see ASM 1, X-Men 1, or DD 1 supplanting the FF on this list. I also don't see SC 4 ever outperforming Hulk 1. The only reason I could see SC 4 so high on the list is historical significance, which should, conversely apply to the FF as well. We also may be applying too much influence on Movie Hype/ "street cred" as a factor. If Box Office success is such a prime driver, why is Avengers 1 not on this list ? Books generally spike BEFORE a movie is released, not after, when prices generally correct or stabilize. I'm also not understanding why SC 22 is so high on the list..... D.C. has already blown one GL movie. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

In regards to a few things above:

SC4 is right around par with IH1 in terms of pricing, though the "recorded" data is very scarce for the SC4 book is around 3k per point in lower grades, just like the Hulk is. Agree FF is well dug in as a big key and just because the movie bombed (lets be honest it didn't stand a chance as everyone wants it to go to marvel). AV1 is too common to be higher on the list which reduces its credit. SC22 shouldn't be that high either agreed.