• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How to Lose Your Mind in Ten Easy Steps

20 posts in this topic

1) Buy a Micronauts 1 and a Rom 1 out of a 50 cent box in 2000 or so and decide that because they are basically worthless they need to share a bag and board, one on each side of the board.

2) Wait until 2015 to try to sell both on ebay as now there is a market for them.

3) Be a lazy shlump and scan through the bag on each side, don't separately bag the books.

4) List both books on ebay a month after scanning them because you're disorganized like that.

5) Sell the Rom 1 for a price that you could not fathom just a couple of years ago. Was a little too aggressive on the opening bid for the Micronauts I guess.

6) Spend 3 hours looking for that Rom 1 in the box it is supposed to be in and 40 other boxes just in case you put it somewhere dumb because you must be losing your mind because you also sold a Deadpool 1 last week that now you cannot locate and had to issue a refund on and send a freebie on.

7) Start wondering if your wife is right and there actually is a ghost in the house who loves to F with us. Start hearing voices.

8) Realize as you are about to issue a refund on the Rom 1 that, of course, it is on the back of the bag for the Micronauts 1 you have looked at 50 times while searching.

9) Find Rom 1, feel relief, wonder what happened to the Deadpool 1. Look at the backsides of comics in 5 boxes, don't find it.

10) Remember that you tossed at least 10, probably more, NM or better Rom 1s into comic grab bags you were selling in 2012-2014 as extras and your comic shop as recently as 2009 used to have about 25 copies sitting in the 50 cent box that you did not buy because you already had 15 copies and that you probably left $1000 on the table over the years on Rom 1s.

And I should have been at work 2 hours ago.

I have no frigging idea where the Deadpool 1 is. (This is the mini from the 90s, not the regular series.) The buyer is a bit annoyed, but he got a full refund and I am sending him something good. This has been a week of F-ups for me. Thank goodness I had nothing serious to do at work. For all I know I gave it away as a freebie to someone here a month ago. I re-listed it as a BIN off an ended auction from a while back assuming it was in the box it was supposed to be in and did not check to make sure it was there. You know what they say about assumptions....

my comic cavern is such a disorganized mess it is both a fun treasure hunt while also being overwhelming and a bit depressing. if i took pictures most here would probably be in favor of having me institutionalized (i know rma, you are in favor of that without pictures).

my comic cavern is such a disorganized mess it is both a fun treasure hunt while also being overwhelming and a bit depressing. if i took pictures most here would probably be in favor of having me institutionalized (i know rma, you are in favor of that without pictures).

Nah you are probably more like us than you realize :)

Where do you live? We'll help you sort it into three easy piles: yours, mine, and Goodwill :grin:

yes, i now have a box. thing with the deadpool is that i had put it aside at some point to re-scan because there was something funky with the first scan, forgot about that when i re-listed with the old scan and well, you know where that all went

It's been my experience that if I am looking for a specific book I cannot find that book anywhere-many times I've bought multiple copies just to read a book I can't find. When Thor 165 heated up guess which Thor was the only one I couldn't find? Yep. Bought another one.

It's been my experience that if I am looking for a specific book I cannot find that book anywhere-many times I've bought multiple copies just to read a book I can't find. When Thor 165 heated up guess which Thor was the only one I couldn't find? Yep. Bought another one.

I've done that many times. There are comics that I have forgotten I have and bought another, only to find out I have one or two already. Sometimes it works in your favor. So instead of having one, you have two or three.

It kinda sucks that things just go missing like this. Like when you drop something small on the floor. It is GONE. Don't matter how long ya look for it, use a magnet-nothing. Never turns up later either. Just basically DISAPPEARS

The best book I ever had go missing was a Batman #179 in 7.0 or so. Saw it in the house, but when I moved my books from my downstairs old comic room to the new one upstairs, it was gone. :cry: Looked for it for 4 years before I broke down and replaced it. Never did find out what happened to it -- I have a bad feeling it somehow ended up getting thrown away by accident. :tonofbricks:

The best book I ever had go missing was a Batman #179 in 7.0 or so. Saw it in the house, but when I moved my books from my downstairs old comic room to the new one upstairs, it was gone. :cry: Looked for it for 4 years before I broke down and replaced it. Never did find out what happened to it -- I have a bad feeling it somehow ended up getting thrown away by accident. :tonofbricks:

as my dad loves to say-- it's always in the last place you look

After looking repeatedly for my Thor 165 I can only conclude that I accidentally put it in with a Thor lot I sold. Someone got a great bonus.

It definitely wasn't in the last place I looked.

lol

Too many comics. :baiting:

That's my problem...I don't have nearly as many as some though. I often think I have a book...but then remembered that said book fell victim to a culling of the collection. Suicide Squad #1 is the most recent case and point.

I had no idea ROM #1 was ramping up. $315 for a 9.8?? Ok...whatever!