• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: ASM 300

6 posts in this topic

I picked this up recently and would appreciate your opinion of the grade. There are several color breaking spine ticks and a few small indentations on the back cover. I still liked this book though because the edges of the cover are pretty sharp and it displays well. So many of this issue seem prone to flaking and jagged edges on the cover. Thanks!

de9tte.jpg[/img]

2lu9fkw.jpg[/img]

23r4gw4.jpg

Do you have or have access to a scanner? The pictures just don't show enough detail to get an accurate grade. From what I can make out the spine ticks don't look to bad they're pretty small and they don't look like they break color. The corners look sharp and it has nice looking edges. From what I can make out I'm at a 9.4 on it.

Do you have or have access to a scanner? The pictures just don't show enough detail to get an accurate grade. From what I can make out the spine ticks don't look to bad they're pretty small and they don't look like they break color. The corners look sharp and it has nice looking edges. From what I can make out I'm at a 9.4 on it.

I think that pics via a digital camera are actually a more accurate way to assessa book's condition.

Maybe not wholly more accurate, but wth pics of a book in its natural state (not compressed by a flatbedscanner....and from angles where you can discern if thre are indentations....how flat the book truly lies.... etc.

In that way, a good camera is a good tool to assess grades.

This dude's pics are pretty lacking, though..........Much too small , not enough angles and I can't seem to blow them up, either.

Also, the book does have 2 transverse spine tics (biggest issue)..a few others that break color to a lesser degree...along with wear on the top edges of the BC.

I can make out what the OP is hinting at and I agree with him that the 9.4's are too generous.

9.0 is more than likely what I'd give it.