• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing fantasy 15

28 posts in this topic

Yes, this is the same AF15 I posted yesterday, but I took the small spine roll out of it and wanted you to look at it again.

Normally a spine roll affects every wrap in the comic, but it turned out that only the back cover was affected on this AF15 (it had been pinched towards the spine by about 3/16" at the top and 1/8 at the bottom).

Since none of the interior pages needed to be have any spine roll removed, it turned out to overall be a very minor procedure.

I don't think I'm even going to have it pressed. I think it looks pretty good just like this.

P1100383_zpsmwxormzq.jpg

P1100384_zps72wz174l.jpg

I'm in the 4.0/4.5 range. I think, with the staining and long creases, you are locked into this range. A press may help get it to 4.5 or it may not matter. Personally, if this is a keeper, I would not press it. VG+ books that look completely flat just don't look natural. This book has great eye appeal.

There is no doubt a press will get out a few of those wrinkles but I doubt it will matter. I'd be a little concerned about a press further damaging that bottom staple area. There are already two significant tears. To me, a VG+ book should not have a flat look, doesn't look right, like a face lift on a 60 year old. It's a nice book, good luck with it.

Is that a stain on the FC as well, in the buildings, on the bottom edge...towards the left side?

Bottom staples looks secure to me. I would be in the 4.5 range club.

The book looks very clean. Almost too clean. How does the paper feel?

Unless the stains on the back cover are post cleaning, I don't think the cover has been washed, at least not in-organically.

Personally I think the OP is leaving money on the table if he doesn't get it pressed.

Unless the stains on the back cover are post cleaning, I don't think the cover has been washed, at least not in-organically.

Personally I think the OP is leaving money on the table if he doesn't get it pressed.

Yeah, I'm getting it pressed.

The comic is raw and never been cleaned.

MCP, I know a dry cleaning wont take those stains out. Is there any other type of cleaning that can get those stains out without getting a purple label?

Yeah, I'm getting it pressed.

The comic is raw and never been cleaned.

MCP, I know a dry cleaning wont take those stains out. Is there any other type of cleaning that can get those stains out without getting a purple label?

No.