• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM New Mutants 98

9 posts in this topic

Ugh, heartbreaking when you fina such an awesome find in rough shape. Great find regardless, though I agree with the majority here. Not worth a grade nor a press considering everything. Wouldn't get that large of a bump if you got one at all.

Ugh, heartbreaking when you fina such an awesome find in rough shape. Great find regardless, though I agree with the majority here. Not worth a grade nor a press considering everything. Wouldn't get that large of a bump if you got one at all.

No worries -- I was pretty pleased with the find...wish it was better? Sure! But hey, I got it and I was NOT expecting it. Pretty thankful.

Now if I can find a heart-breaking 6.5 Hulk 181 next time!

Looks to be about a FN, as is.Dry cleaning and a press won't do all that much in the way of technically improving the grade...best you'd score is a 7.0

NM 98 is the sort of book that does better raw in low to high grade than slabbed.If you are sure that you won't get at least a 9.6, don't sub it.

I'd say this copy is a solid BIN sale at $225+shipping, I'd also say you'd sell it within a week at that price......or, I'd give you up to 275-300 in trade value for it.I've got about $40,000 in convention stock/wall books to choose from....GA thru modern :baiting:

I dry cleaned/pressed a 3.0-3.5 copy into a fn- , just sold it on eBay this week for $199.95 + $25 or so for shipping to Belgium.I did pay for the book, $110...wasn't like I found it in a long box.I had a couple guys try to buy it cheaper than my asking price....offers like "i'll pay you $130 for the book now (should have replied and asked if he wanted fries with that), $170 and $180.

Still have another mid grade copy....which I up on buying.Gave a dealer I know 100 cash and 200 trade for it at a show a couple months back.Just glanced at it briefly, figured the $300 price tag.It's got a tear on the outer cover.I still dry cleaned and pressed it, at least eye appeal was improved.That's key IMHO.

Going to put this one up at 225 + shipping.Curious to see how long it takes to move.

No worries -- I was pretty pleased with the find...wish it was better? Sure! But hey, I got it and I was NOT expecting it. Pretty thankful.

Now if I can find a heart-breaking 6.5 Hulk 181 next time!

Well said sir!