• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How Many Comic Book Conventions Have You Attended?

Number of Comic Book Conventions Attended?  

249 members have voted

1. 1. Number of Comic Book Conventions Attended?

28 posts in this topic

I went with more than 20.

If you had a button for more than 500 I might have chose that 893whatthe.gif

I have no life...........

Steve, you are looking at it from the wrong perspective. Going to that many cons shows us that you DO have a life. I think going to comic cons is one of life's pleasures. I feel sorry for those interested in comics that do not go to them. San Diego is the highlight of my year. #13 straight coming up.

Steve, you are looking at it from the wrong perspective. Going to that many cons shows us that you DO have a life. I think going to comic cons is one of life's pleasures. I feel sorry for those interested in comics that do not go to them. San Diego is the highlight of my year. #13 straight coming up.

That was more of a joke than anything, I love going to the shows....but...at the same time, it sure is hard to meet women at them frown.gif

That was more of a joke than anything, I love going to the shows....but...at the same time, it sure is hard to meet women at them frown.gif

That is for sure. However I did score a few points several years ago with the Vampirella model, maybe, just maybe....... cloud9.gif

732482-vamp.jpg

732482-vamp.jpg.7b68b782bc5c4355c1e305aac909610b.jpg

I went to a heckuva lot more shows in the pre-ebay days than I do now. Though I still find shows fun, the good ones are all out of town, and it's hard to justify the hundreds of bucks it takes to travel and stay in a hotel. I could just as easy use that dough for more comics online! insane.gif

Though I am still debating driving to megacon this weekend... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It just takes the right smile, the eye contact, and the confidence of a bull fighter and she's yours.

And maybe a couple of c-notes! 27_laughing.gif

Sid's gonna take her to his place and show off his collection of spank comics. stooges.gif

Naw, if I really wanted to impress a girl (that I brought home) with comics, I'd show her something like the Batman Arkham Asylum Hardcover. I actually did that once or twice. They can respect the full page painted art and hardbound edition, you get alot more respect from something like that (when showing a woman) than in pulling out a couple Spideys or X-Men.

Here's another question......... my first comic con was in July of 1968.....NYC......put on by Phil Seuling at the Statler Hilton. Before alot of you comic-collecting fetuses were even conceived.

Can anyone beat that with an earlier one?