• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMEN reboot (2017?)
1 1

16 posts in this topic

Producer John Davis Talks SHAFT & LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMEN Reboots

As for THE LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMEN, Davis is well aware of the negative reception the first film received, and doesn't want to make the same mistakes with the reboot.

"Just by going back to the roots and making it authentic to what the fan base was really excited about. It’s female-centric, which I think is interesting. I love female characters, point-of-view characters in action movies. I thought Mad Max was great. I think you can always find a fresh way of doing something and going back to the basics. What is that people love? What is it that made them love the property in the first place?"

I liked the first film. But if they can make it worth seeing again, and solid follow-on movies, great.

Nemo was a really interesting character the way he was portrayed.

2003-league_of_extraordinary_gentlemen-7.jpg

Hyde was just crazy.

2003-league_of_extraordinary_gentlemen-6.jpg

It only took seven years to help move this forward.

Nutty how long these productions take. And amazing they can still keep some creatives connected to it after all that time.

A new film adaptation of The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen is in development at 20th Century Studio. Created by famed comic book writer Alan Moore with art by Kevin O'Neill, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen was a comic series that united various characters from classic literature on a super team in the late 19th century in a shared universe. The team has consisted of classic characters like Alan Quartermaine from King's Solomon's Mine, Mina Harker from Dracula, The Invisible Man, Captain Nemo from 20,00 Leagues Under the Sea, and Dr. Jeykll and Mr. Hyde, to name a few.

The Wrap is reporting a new film for The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen is in active development at 20th Century Studios. The film will be written by Justin Haythe, whose credits include Red Sparrow, The Lone Ranger, and A Curse for Wellness. The film will reportedly be more faithful to the comic series than the 2003 film.

I’m always flabbergasted that the original LXG was so horrible it sent Sean Connery into permanent retirement :whatthe:

I actually think it’d work better as a prestige steaming series but at the rate apps are losing money I guess nobody would want to sound that much.