• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Seven Soldiers

11 posts in this topic

if i hear really good things about it, i'll probably buy the inevitable TPB...

but 30 issues all crammed together in a short span like that....no interest in doing it individually.

so come on folks....say really good things!!!

now that you've all mentioned doing it in TPB, I think I may have to switch my mindset to that too. Bought the first one. Assuming it isn't completly alien to this hardcore non-DC reader, I might plan on picking up the TPBs when they come out in 14 months.

now that you've all mentioned doing it in TPB, I think I may have to switch my mindset to that too. Bought the first one. Assuming it isn't completly alien to this hardcore non-DC reader, I might plan on picking up the TPBs when they come out in 14 months.

I'll be interested to see how alien it seems to you.

This #0 issue left me pretty much yeahok.gif So far it seems more along the lines of Morrison's Doom Patrol/Invisibles/The Filth weirdness rather than his JLA/Animal Man/WE3 not-quite-as-weirdness.

I'm going to check in on the various miniseries, I expect they will be better as self-contained stories. This #0 issue just hints at what's to come without really being satisfactory as a standalone story.

The art sure is nice though.

I just read #0 on the can. I really got into it. It was a real mystery at first, like,"Oh, here we go again with something that I won't understand till the end." But while there was an ongoing question as to the root cause, it wasn't completely twisted up to make me not sure if I really wanted to see what came next. Instead, it made me want to know what was coming next, to see it through because I knew it would be a good payoff. In the end, it cleaned up nicely and left me contentedly waiting for the next installment.

And the book was good, too.