• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hulk Original 6 Reprint?

32 posts in this topic

Does anyone here know if there is a book that contains all 1st 6 issues of the original Hulk (Reprint)?

I have been looking around for hours only found a reprint fore the 1st issue. Also called my 2 local comic book shops but they are closed a 6h00pm Eastern time.

Any links would be appreciated!! I know books like Batman have archives but I fail to see any Hulk related books.

I know most people say the 1st 6 issues suck but I want to read them anyway just want to know what they are all about.

Seriously it would have taken me for ever to find this book without you guys I would have never imagined it was in Marvel Masterworks Volume 8. And one thing is for sure neither would have my 2 local comic dealers (they have a huge reprint section but their employees do not know much about specifics like this).

Thanks guys!!

I know most people say the 1st 6 issues suck but I want to read them anyway just want to know what they are all about.

No they don't at all. Read the issues on a quiet night with the windows open so that you can hear the crickets. Also make sure you are reading under an incandescent lamp with a mug of hot cocoa at your side. Before you begin, repeat a half dozen times, "It's 1962."

It was undoubtedly a great time to be twelve -- well worth searching for. (thumbs u

The Hulk Omnibus contains Hulk 1-6, Tales to Astonish 59-101, and Incredible Hulk 102.

All in color. For $100 retail, you can't beat it. Finding it is the challenge. :)

.... and, I presume, it contains the letter's columns :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Seriously it would have taken me for ever to find this book without you guys I would have never imagined it was in Marvel Masterworks Volume 8. And one thing is for sure neither would have my 2 local comic dealers (they have a huge reprint section but their employees do not know much about specifics like this).

Thanks guys!!

Not for nothing BUT.....How do you have a mid grade Hulk 1 (I am assuming cause its in your sig) but you don't know what Marvel Masterworks are??? This is WHAT is wrong in this hobby right now boys!!! I just don't get it. You got involved in the hobby and bought mega expensive key books and your a comicbook collector now??? Right.

The Hulk Omnibus contains Hulk 1-6, Tales to Astonish 59-101, and Incredible Hulk 102.

All in color. For $100 retail, you can't beat it. Finding it is the challenge. :)

.... and, I presume, it contains the letter's columns :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

It does! Among other extras!

Very simple I am not a master of knowledge of all reprints that exist. I have been in the comic hobby since 1989 but never bothered to look up reprints before now. I always knew there was a reprint for Hulk #1 but that is not want I wanted I wanted to read all the 1st 6 issues.

By the way I do not only collect the mega keys as you stated I have Hulk # 150 to the last issue made. Still adding from 102 to 149 at the moment. I also have many series from early issues to #250 (Amazing Spider-Man, Iron Man, Thor, X-Men and so on). I am also trying to complete those runs they are for reading only not for future money gain. The mega keys have only been added in the last year or so in my collection those are first and foremost because I love those mega keys and always wanted them but needed to start my career and save up for many years. Second of course they are are also hopefully going to bring more money than I paid for in the long run I see nothing wrong in investing in a hobby we love. Stock markets are soooooooooo boring!! But yes putting money only in one area is risky so I do not do that.

I also collect Walt Disney comics I must have over a 500 of them.

Incidentally, the Masterworks were launched in the late 1980s (and one of the first, serious, comprehensive reprints at that), and so that is pretty much understandable.

@Hulk1962: If you love Disney comics, check the few italian classic stories from the 1950s-60s that have been published in USA since the 1980s: well worth checking. (thumbs u