• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justice League 1 Color Touched?

6 posts in this topic

My gut says this would technically be 'color touched' and therefore restored. It looks like the chess figures of Wonder Woman, Batman and Green Lantern had some of the blacks filled in with black pen. I can see some of the pen bleed through on the inside fc. I bought this recently at Tampa Comic Con and am just noticed this. My thinking is you'll probably just confirm my opinion that this is CT. Thoughts?

IMG_20150815_0003_zps5tevknjx.jpg

If it's just on the chess figures my guess is that it was a doodle of some sort.

If someone was touching up the blacks on the cover they basically missed every other black area on the cover.

If the consensus is that it will be considered a color touch and if it has bled through, then you may want to CT the rest of the cover to raise the overall restored grade.

I really think it was some kid doodling on the cover, but, due to the instrument used (black pen) and where it occurred, it may be designated as color touch. I guess the only way to find out is to sub it.

CGC really does consider intent. There is no reason to CT only the chess pieces other than childhood doodling. It may get a bump down, it may get noted on the label but I think it will be in a Blue Label. However, as stated, there is only one way to find out. I would submit it. Good luck.