• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swapped book or huge error by CGC

72 posts in this topic

I have a couple of old label 9.0s that look like that. Seems to vary from book to book.
Sadly, the only remedy to rule out "turd-in-a-slab" syndrome is to crack it out and verify.

PS. Books aren't looked at by 3 graders anymore, and haven't been for a long time:

"Due to the fragile nature of comic books, CGC does not offer a grading guarantee. However, CGC does offer the following guarantee: a) CGC guarantees that two or more comic professionals will review every comic book submitted for grading"

http://www.cgccomics.com/faq/index.asp#gradingFAQ14

What is a "comic professional"...? Nobody but CGC knows.

;)

I know one or two graders there from here I would trust fully.

PS. Books aren't looked at by 3 graders anymore, and haven't been for a long time:

"Due to the fragile nature of comic books, CGC does not offer a grading guarantee. However, CGC does offer the following guarantee: a) CGC guarantees that two or more comic professionals will review every comic book submitted for grading"

http://www.cgccomics.com/faq/index.asp#gradingFAQ14

What is a "comic professional"...? Nobody but CGC knows.

;)

I know one or two graders there from here I would trust fully.

I trust Caffrey a tremendous amount. I trust Litch, even if he is a member of the undead. ;)

Not that they need my endorsement, but hey...suckup points don't hurt. :D

There are a few people here who know how to grade, too, but not too many. Very few people who are as obsessive about grading. BronzeBruce...Maybe Valiantman, knowing his personality. Let's just say, if you're not bringing a loupe to a convention, you're probably not OCD enough for me.

:cloud9:

Its slabbed DREK so who even cares......??????? seriously its just pure DREK !!!!!!!!

Be careful, our monthly allotment of exclamation points and question marks will run out.

See, I can't add any to my post, because you used them all up.

Drat <---imagine an exclamation point there.

Does anyone have any extra rollover exclamation points we can borrow...?

I don't believe it looks to be a swapped book. If swapped it was done for fun, not profit. The grading just looks to have been loose that day.

Really loose. :eek:

From the picture, I'm not 100% for sure I'm looking at a water stain. It seems to have a bit of a reddish tint. Not what you expect from moisture stains.

Do you guys saying this not see the damage on the interior pages or not know what water/moisture damage looks like?

I know what water/moisture damage looks like - this looks like distributor overspray :shrug:

Its slabbed DREK so who even cares......??????? seriously its just pure DREK !!!!!!!!

Be careful, our monthly allotment of exclamation points and question marks will run out.

See, I can't add any to my post, because you used them all up.

Drat <---imagine an exclamation point there.

Does anyone have any extra rollover exclamation points we can borrow...?

PM me,i'll shoot you my P.I.N. you remember,right¡¿¡¿

{The super secret message password that ¡¡ }

I don't believe it looks to be a swapped book. If swapped it was done for fun, not profit. The grading just looks to have been loose that day.

Really loose. :eek:

From the picture, I'm not 100% for sure I'm looking at a water stain. It seems to have a bit of a reddish tint. Not what you expect from moisture stains.

Do you guys saying this not see the damage on the interior pages or not know what water/moisture damage looks like?

I know what water/moisture damage looks like - this looks like distributor overspray :shrug:

Not wanting to argue the point too much. Being a collector for over 30 yrs and having the book in hand its definitely not overspray I have books with distributor overspray and unfortunately this isn't it.