• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage in May... redux

31 posts in this topic

For the record, because a few people have asked, these are not my books. The seller is a collector who drove me out of JLA because I couldn't compete with him.

It is a touch scary when the BSD, decide to cash out. A lot of that has happened in the past few years. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Just checked the auction previews for the first time in a while, and even more stellar books have been added. From a SA perspective, at least, this may be the strongest Heritage auction in a couple of years. Some nice Marvels AND nice DCs.

It will be most interesting to see whether JP and Chris Bell are setting reserves equal to their buy prices (in which case most of their books likely will not sell) or whether they are willing to take a loss.

For the record, because a few people have asked, these are not my books. The seller is a collector who drove me out of JLA because I couldn't compete with him.

It is a touch scary when the BSD, decide to cash out. A lot of that has happened in the past few years. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Maybe he's branching into another area that requires even more money to compete.

I just wanted to add that I agree that this will be one of our best auctions in a couple of years. We have pared down from having 6+ a year, back to 4, which I think will make them all stronger!

By the way, 75% of the lots in this sale will either have no reserve, or reserves that are so low it won't matter, as they will be met in a couple of days of bidding.

I just wanted to add that I agree that this will be one of our best auctions in a couple of years. We have pared down from having 6+ a year, back to 4, which I think will make them all stronger!

By the way, 75% of the lots in this sale will either have no reserve, or reserves that are so low it won't matter, as they will be met in a couple of days of bidding.

Welcome back to the boards!

Though I seriously doubt we gave you permission to be away this long. 893naughty-thumb.gif

(and thanks for the inside scoop!) gossip.gif

Glad to hear it. The dilution of Heritage's comics auctions over the past year or so was a source of complaints from several people in the past year, including yours truly. I think 4 signature auctions per year is the right number.

Glad to hear it. I'll be sure to revisit this thread after the auction is over to see how many of the big ticket books this turned out to be true for.

just wanted to add that I agree that this will be one of our best auctions in a couple of years. We have pared down from having 6+ a year, back to 4, which I think will make them all stronger!

So I better not spend any more money on books before the auction. thumbsup2.gif

just wanted to add that I agree that this will be one of our best auctions in a couple of years. We have pared down from having 6+ a year, back to 4, which I think will make them all stronger!

So I better not spend any more money on books before the auction. thumbsup2.gif

Thinking the same thing.....

Does anyone else think that it's a mistake to list all those beautiful JLAs in the same auction? There are a finite number of JLA collectors. Are their pockets deep enough that these auctions will achieve bids as high as if these books had been auctioned, say, over the course of a year?

The funny thing is you'd think so, because logically the books might be cannibalizing each other. But I've noticed over the years that listing a bunch of great books together often seems to have the opposite effect, and seems to incite buyers into an even greater frenzy.

I'll take that as a compliment Tim. flowerred.gif

Nothing to be scared about from my standpoint. I'm not selling to "cash out." I'd have no problem continuing on with my collecting if that was my desire to do so.

As to BSD status that one doesn't apply in my case - jmo. But I'll take it. Thanks. flowerred.gif

Maybe he's branching into another area that requires even more money to compete.

Not in my plans. But that can always change. If I did I'd either decide to compete with Tim on some more of our mutual favorites devil.gif or try my hand at the high end Marvel side that I also enjoyed collecting. smile.gif