• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC comic book boxes! E. Gerber vs. Hot Flips?

7 posts in this topic

:hi: I'm hoping to hear from members who have bought both E. Gerber & Hot Flips CGC comic book boxes! Which brand do you feel is better or are they both the same quality? I'm considering buying 50 boxes & E. Gerber seems to be much cheaper, so I would appreciate any info you can offer. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Chay

I have both, and if the savings are substantial, I'd go with whichever is cheapest.

Be aware you can't go by Hot flips shipping calculator, which seems to give out insane prices. Call them for an accurate call. H.F. has a board special of 5 CGC boxes for $40 shipped.

Odd, their site says 5 boxes for $37.50 shipped! I'm in Canada though. The thing is I can get 50 boxes from E. Gerber for $3.10 each & Hot Flips is more than double. Even if I were to go get them from their warehouse for 20% off, I'd still be paying more.

Which box is better quality though? You never mentioned that.

My favorite...

large-BRCCGC.jpg

Bedrock City CGC boxes

They are a little longer, sturdier, and they don't have all of those silly advertisements on the ends. Designed for us by the fine folks at Boxes in Action.

I bought some E Gerber Acid free boxes that are for non-CGC books and they were not that cheap to me. I like them a lot though. They have a sort of pale yellowish cast to them.

I haven't tried to order boxes from Hot Flips but they have a nice special on CGC boxes that I think I'm going buy some.