• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anybody have any problems with CGC shipping comics back UPS?

13 posts in this topic

no problems, it is sent registered priority which is as safe as it gets with the post office just don't go by the expected delivery date as the registered part slows it down by a day or two from my experience

no problems, it is sent registered priority which is as safe as it gets with the post office just don't go by the expected delivery date as the registered part slows it down by a day or two from my experience

He's talking about UPS, not USPS :shy:

I find picking up packages from UPS is a pain since they charge you for changing the delivery location. FedEx has a 24 hour shop close to my house and they don't charge if I have the box delivered there if they miss me the first delivery attempt.

How do you insure UPS shipments. There are limits with CIA and I think UPS is one of the worst about insuring "collectibles".

True. For example, CIA will insure Fed Ex packages for $50,000 automatically, but they cap UPS at $2,000. There's a reason for that.

UPS doesn't charge if they call them and you want it redelivered, just online. I've had a couple shipments redirected from my home to my job and no problems.

Good to know but still a pain compared to FedEx.

Skip insurance and pay for overnight instead. The less time in the delivery system the better, and overnights do not travel with large boxes are get stacked anywhere-- they are always moving!

I checked. CIA limits UPS shipments to $2500.

Yeah, peanuts compared to how much they will insure fed ex.

If anyone has a CIA policy and has books or art being shipped to them then Fed Ex express saver is the way to go.