• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

captain marvel cgc 9.8 how much would you pay

8 posts in this topic

That's a fairly common book in HG.

Of course, I have been making that comment about all the 1968 Marvel restart issues (i.e. Iron Man #1, Hulk #102, etc.), but prices continue to hold steady or increase slightly.

Of course, I have been making that comment about all the 1968 Marvel restart issues (i.e. Iron Man #1, Hulk #102, etc.), but prices continue to hold steady or increase slightly.

I think Steve is right here, add Nick Fury and others to this list. It might be frustrating but sometimes there is a time not to buy. Having said that if you want a copy just take the bidding mindset that there will be 9.8s up with a bit of fequency IE if one you want goes through the roof, don't get suckered as there will be another one sooner that later.

A guy at WonderCon had a Nick Fury in 9.8 and wanted 1K for it, I had to hold back ROFL in front of him and just flashed asmirk and wished him luck in trying to sell it at that price.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think Steve is right here, add Nick Fury and others to this list. It might be frustrating but sometimes there is a time not to buy. Having said that if you want a copy just take the bidding mindset that there will be 9.8s up with a bit of fequency IE if one you want goes through the roof, don't get suckered as there will be another one sooner that later.

A guy at WonderCon had a Nick Fury in 9.8 and wanted 1K for it, I had to hold back ROFL in front of him and just flashed asmirk and wished him luck in trying to sell it at that price.

That list would actually include:

Captain America #100

Iron Man #1

Hulk #102

Silver Surfer #1

Nick Fury #1

Captain Marvel #1

Sub-Mariner #1

Doctor Strange #169

At a minimum there are 59 copies of each one of those books graded 9.4 or higher and some have well over 100 copies in 9.4 or higher.

Now compare that to THOR #126, the relauch from JIM (which happened two years earlier). This is actually a shocker.................

There are only 5 (yes, FIVE) copies of this book graded 9.4 or higher.

It just seems to me, that eventually the supply of the 1968 relaunches, will pull the prices down. I could be wrong, but I'm willing to wait to buy these unless the price is a bargain.