• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GPA Website ?

4 posts in this topic

Just subscribed to GPA this week and have a question that some of you experts can probably (hopefully) explain to me because I have yet to find the answer on the website.

On the left side of the grades, some issues have something similar to Q (9.2) I get this as being a qualified grade.

What I don't get is some of the other nomenclature on the grades, example:

SP C1, etc...

What do these mean and is there somewhere on the website that explains it and I just missed it?

Thanks,

That's how much restoration is on the book:

SP - slight professional

SA - slight amateur

MP - moderate professional

MA - moderate amateur

EP - extensive professional

EA - extensive amateur.

Those were the old resto levels cgc provided. These have been replaced with a letter grade from A to C with A being professional and C being amateur, and an amount, from 1 to 5, with 1 being slight and 5 being extensive. So, C1 would be eqivalent to slight amateur.

(I hope I got those letters right... might have them backwards, as it seems using "A" to mean professional now when it used to mean amateur could be a bit confusing.)

Thanks for the information!

After I posted the thread, I dug down in the GPA website and checked the Cert # on some of the them and found out it meant some form of restoration, but did not know the nomenclature and degree.

Thanks again.