• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What did you get at Wizard World Chicago?

86 posts in this topic

Let's see everyone's pickups!!!

I got a few things:

-Jon Bernthal (Shane from the Walking Dead and the next Punisher) signed my ASM129 reprint. He seemed like a really nice guy.

-A couple Bob Kane sketches.

-Finally got myself a copy of Walking Dead 1. Not high grade (probably an 8.0) but I just wanted to have the book that got me interested in comics.

-Overall it was a fun 4 days.

062CFAF4-F3CE-4063-A3B6-4E2F89FD7A49_zpscjbdtpct.jpg

1BDB7A6D-6BEB-4983-ADA2-F443A85E3C0C_zpszyfulocg.jpg

3AD33050-82E6-42C6-B392-0C86F978CC32_zpswgpbgelb.jpg

crabs

Interesting. I got some pinworms and a terrible rash. And some gunshot wounds. But hey, Chicago. :shrug:

Congrats on your pickups OP!! :applause:

(Congrats are also in order for all the ailments, conditions and diseases picked up by everyone else during your visit to our once again Grateful Dead hosting and Stanley Cup WINNING city;)

As always, I had a fricken blast on the days I attended. Found some cool

stuff for the kids, got talk with some stellar boardies and dealers, fun people watching and most all,'had some great success again on the vast majority of all my raws I submitted to CCS and or CGC.

So here are two butes I just got back from the onsite work of CCS=>CGC yesterday at the Chicago shows.

(I bought the George of the Jungle from WW a few months ago and the Turok off an eBay auction surprisingly enough. It was advertised as a sharp NM......and that it is:)

D1BBC74B-8ED5-4717-A836-A2DDD6ACFFE3_zpstze89mpt.jpg

I have Mycomicbookshop to thank for the very tightly graded #24s and the Regular Ed. #1.

The "Awesome Con" Ed. #1, I'm so grateful to a very, very kind ebay seller, who actually sold me his personal copy.

These books helped me complete my quest of 9.8 copies for all 5 editions of #1 :acclaim:

&

To own the last issue (two editions) ot this fun book is a big deal for me. The kids and I have watched the cartoon together since day 1 and they wanted to help me collect this title due to my passion for all things TMNT :cloud9:

E2B227F1-EF75-469A-A932-AC54EE2D2D11_zps8ibtciyi.jpg

*I'll have one more pic of my HUGE DD pickups from yesterday too. Hopefully before dinner:)

My goals for the show were to fill in some early ASMs, and I managed to accomplish that thanks to Bedrock and Torpedo. Sorry for the iPhone photo, I haven't had time to scan them yet.

Pickups.JPG

I also made a deal with a dealer at the show to purchase a book out of their online inventory that I'd had my eye on for a few months. That one will have to be shipped.

Overall it was a great show, and always lives up to the hype as one of the best buying shows (if not THE best) on the circuit. No matter how much I bring, I can always have it spent very early on Thursday on great stuff at fair prices.

I did get to meet SeanFingh :whee:

At the CGC booth on Sunday, by any chance?

Someone introduced themselves to Fing while I was standing there, but I didn't catch the name. Why anyone would bother is beyond me, but to each their own.

Someone introduced themselves to Fing while I was standing there, but I didn't catch the name. Why anyone would bother is beyond me, but to each their own.

Was he shorter than Fingh? hm

Was he shorter than Fingh? hm

Yes, but most people are, with Sean sporting that awesome 80s "punk" haircut.

lol that was me. I only caught saw him because I noticed the Love and Rockets book you had in your hand. Next time I'll say hello.

It's probably better for people not to meet me and just keep their preconceptions. I'd rather meet jsilverjanet than me or fingh.

lol that was me. I only caught saw him because I noticed the Love and Rockets book you had in your hand. Next time I'll say hello.

It's probably better for people not to meet me and just keep their preconceptions. I'd rather meet jsilverjanet than me or fingh.

If that why you strafe the convention, only letting people see you for 7 seconds or less?