• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

You best Buy It Now deal?

23 posts in this topic

I'm usually more of a bottom feeder on ebay, trying to get those cheap deals that slide under the radar, so I have very rarely used the Buy it Now feature. The only two times were when I saw a book that I knew would sell for higher then the BIN if it ran for the full length of the auction *and* I really wanted that book. The first time was for a Lulu #3 in about FN for $70 and this one Neither of these were a complete steal, but I think I did all right.

What are some of the other cool BIN deals out there?

This is the official gypsy, tramp and thief thread. Being certified in all three disciplines I've had several cheap BINs for much more expensive books. Mostly 30 and 35 cent variants with the occasional silver or bronze age key thrown in for good measure. BINs are fun thumbsup2.gif

Great pickup. They look like nice copies, esp. the white covers thumbsup2.gif

Thanks, and I needed 3 of the 5 books which is pretty good, and I ALMOST bought the 38 from Lonestar last week for more then this whole lot.

FC 74 - 22 is what I am working on first, as those are the issues reprinted in the first two, hard to find, Another Rainbow sets of Little Lulu. Plus they didn't have the original stats for those issues so the art in those is traced, and from examples I've seen not that great. So instead of paying over a grand for those I decided to spend my money on getting the real books. But, yeah, I need some issues past those on my sig, and I'll be making more of an effort to get them once I knock off those three books.

confused.gif Are you going about upgrading? From your sig line I've always assumed that those were the last ones you needed or did you just put down the harder ones to find?

I snagged an FF #52 in CGC 9.6 for $850, and I recieved several offers imme....oh right, that wasn't me. F--K! Damn you Rudd!

thumbsup2.gif I get it! Actually, thinking about it, it makes more sense doing it that way: working your way up. This was my mistake on my Avengers run, I have been working my way down and now am hitting higher priced books. Should have had sense to do it right like you!

Oh and to keep with the thread I only hit a BIN once on a Plastic Man 34 that was rightly priced for a VG / VG+. Not a complete bargain but a good price.

I snagged an FF #52 in CGC 9.6 for $850, and I recieved several offers imme....oh right, that wasn't me. F--K! Damn you Rudd!

That's got to be the single most talked about BIN deals on these boards. And it should be, as that's an INSANE bargain.

That's got to be the single most talked about BIN deals on these boards. And it should be, as that's an INSANE bargain.

I'm the one who brings it up most of the time. I was one of several people who were seconds behind. I found the auction while it was still active and I did hit the BIN button.... I can't seem to let it go. frustrated.gif

Same thing happened again a few weeks after.....I missed out by seconds on an ASM #39 CGC 9.4 with a BIN of $750 to Matt Stanley. I later watched him sell it for around $1900.

Are the days of getting a really good BIN on CGC books over though? The knowledge of the sellers as to what the books are worth is certainly there now.

I believe so...there are too many free Internet options available for unknowledgeable sellers to get a ballpark figure for their comics...

Jim

Nah, check out the thread about the Golden Age Green Lantern 1, that got BIN'd for 2k. It's an unrestored 7.0. I got it in yesterday!

Yeah, that was odd. The seller had a bunch of really primo GA books up, and from what I was told the BIN on the books were all on the high side. It is odd the Green Lantern was so low. He must really not like that book confused-smiley-013.gif

That is a killer nice book BTW

Nah, check out the thread about the Golden Age Green Lantern 1, that got BIN'd for 2k. It's an unrestored 7.0. I got it in yesterday!

blush.gif SORRY! blush.gif (not really--I love the book! cloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif)

By the way, it was $750. poke2.gif