• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thread closed! Thanks for the donations and helping out!

78 posts in this topic

There are a lot of long-time supporters of Matthew that have paid for part or all of commissions and have been owed artwork for a long time (including me). I am hopeful that if you guys end up transmitting money to him, that it will get these long overdue pieces done.

+1, been waiting a long time but I like Matt and his work enough to wait til he gets it all sorted out . I'll post a donation anyway later today as I do want him to be in a good/better place.

I do believe in paying it forward. People fall on hard times and sometimes need help. So I'm taking a leap of faith here as i don't really know many of you on here, but I do have faith. For that, I will say this. On another thread:

(http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=78&Number=8825395&Searchpage=1&Main=387475&Words=&topic=0&Search=true#Post8825395)

I am selling my xmen 101 cgc ss 9.6 signed by lee and claremont for $1500 firm. If someone buys it, i will donate $100 to the guy's cause. I have references if you guys don't believe me, but i am serious.

There are a lot of long-time supporters of Matthew that have paid for part or all of commissions and have been owed artwork for a long time (including me). I am hopeful that if you guys end up transmitting money to him, that it will get these long overdue pieces done.

Classy.

Yeah, I would imagine the emotional roller-coaster ride of a break-up would styme any creativity.

I'm not condoning any behavior, but patience is the best for his situation until he

can rise above.

I wish him only the best.

I'll put up a raw NM+ copy of Detective Comics #27 - 1st Batman May, 1939 ( 1980's Oreo Cookies giveaway)

Don't have a scan to post as the book is in Lisbon. Book can only be shipped first week of September (when I get home)

$50 shipped worldwide. All proceeds to Shiverbones.

take it!

:takeit:

I'm in ur corner Shiv!

I'll put up a raw NM+ copy of Detective Comics #27 - 1st Batman May, 1939 ( 1980's Oreo Cookies giveaway)

Don't have a scan to post as the book is in Lisbon. Book can only be shipped first week of September (when I get home)

$50 shipped worldwide. All proceeds to Shiverbones.

take it!

:takeit:

I'm in ur corner Shiv!

^^

Classy.

Yeah, I would imagine the emotional roller-coaster ride of a break-up would styme any creativity.

I'm not condoning any behavior, but patience is the best for his situation until he

can rise above.

I wish him only the best.

..... this.

....GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Thanks for the addition books guys. I'll figure out the specifics of where to send the cash tomorrow. My wife's grandma is in the hospital tonight so it's been a bit crazy.

Classy.

I stand behind my statement. Anyone that wants to help Matthew, that is awesome. I have enjoyed every occasion that I have spent time with him. If this effort helps him, it will be the type of thing that this Board is famous for.

It will also be great if this helps him meet his obligations for artwork that is owed. He has gotten a tremendous amount of latitude.

I don't know Matt personally, but I'm happy to help him out. 100% of this sale will be going to him.

Take the following books for $50 shipped:

Tales to Astonish 65: VG/FN - chip top right corner, quarter inch top spine split, minor wear along spine around staples.

KsApA7kl.jpg

h3MBpF8l.jpg

Tales to Astonish 85: FN - spine wear.

Kz4I2Ivl.jpg

ohCk5ghl.jpg

Thor 149: FN/FN+ - First off, this book is dripping in gloss. A couple of spine ticks, chipping along top edge and bottom of spine half inch split.

CSOykmx.jpg

N9EcMmW.jpg

Thor 158: FN - BC top edge wear and minimal amount of water damage on BC. Nice mylar copy. ;)

nD3zBby.jpg

VVYEE5s.jpg

Thor 199: VF/NM - sharp book, very few spine ticks.

fZ90Wvf.jpg

xgpsQDq.jpg

Thor 194: FN+

Thor 195: FN-

Thor 202: FN/VF

Thor 280: VF+

IuVkCfsl.jpg

QPZ6axPl.jpg

OwOtMqOl.jpg

AkeMAyvl.jpg

:takeit::banana: Who do I pay?

Classy.

I stand behind my statement. Anyone that wants to help Matthew, that is awesome. I have enjoyed every occasion that I have spent time with him. If this effort helps him, it will be the type of thing that this Board is famous for.

It will also be great if this helps him meet his obligations for artwork that is owed. He has gotten a tremendous amount of latitude.

It's good to have a full perspective, and I concur with your statement.

There was a prior fundraiser (several years ago) for Matthew to have a surgery (I donated a $250 MLJ book to the cause), he's a talented artist and I sincerely hope that things do turnaround for him soon.

Blazing Combat 2 8.5 OW pages $85 shipped. Dint @ LRFC, otherwise pretty nice.

All to go to Matthew. Purchased!

th_BC2.jpg th_BC2bc.jpg

Classy.

A fair statement indeed. It is a win-win when he is back to his old levels of productivity. I do sympathise with the life of an artist, though. I have a hard time making painting a self-funding hobby - making a living from it must be enough stress on its own.

I look forward to seeing his work!

I've sent Matt a couple PMs to confirm the Paypal address that we should be sending the money and I've not heard back from him yet. I'll send him an e-mail to his work account and hopefully I'll get it sorted out today. Thanks again for the people that have joined me helping Matt out.

Classy.

Truly :P

What a guy like Matt needs is an opportunity - not a brief injection of cash - but it'll help I'm sure. I feel for the artist - we have been largely replaced by computer geeks with little talent, just knowledge of using filters on photos in photoshop.

I'll see what I can pull out of the archive to toss on the pile.

I feel for Matt. I had a buddy of mine a few years ago go through a divorce. He was tossed out of his own house and his wife/ex at the time ran him over with his own jeep. I took him in and helped him get on his feet. So if any good books come up in my price range I will help. I will also go through my collection to see if I have anything that I can sell on his behalf. Good Luck Matt.

SHOWCASE #63 8.5 OW - INCREDIBLE HULK PARODY

$75 SHIPPED (USA only) with all proceeds going to Ken

E. Nelson Bridwell story. Joe Orlando / Mike Esposito art.

Joe Orlando cover.

SC63c_zpsnkgkxmn5.jpg

SC63b_zpsluzxa7k0.jpg