• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thread closed! Thanks for the donations and helping out!

78 posts in this topic

I know I've been down the road of a divorce and the emotional and financial damage it can do to a person. I'm now in a place I can help someone else and I'm hoping you will join with me and "paying it forward" so to speak for a long time board member, Shiverbones. I've never met him but the couple times I've dealt with him he has been extremely nice and one of the board members I hope to meet in the future.

For those that don't know he has been going thru a rough spot in life and he said this in a recent sales thread - "For the last several months I have had no real place to live, no access to supplies or printing methods for long stretches, No income, the need to prepare to move, then actually do it back and forth across the country twice, while dealing with the stress of the divorce, preparing a house for sale and leaving the city I have called home for 13 years." For someone as talented and friendly to be going thru this is a shame but at least he is not going thru it alone. With that being said I'd like to offer up my Vampirella 3 in FN+ for $40 shipped with all of it going to Shiverbones.

Purchased!

Feel free to buy the book or add your own book (s) if you want to help out a great guy. All money will go directly to Shiverbones.

I know I've been down the road of a divorce and the emotional and financial damage it can do to a person. I'm now in a place I can help someone else and I'm hoping you will join with me and "paying it forward" so to speak for a long time board member, Shiverbones. I've never met him but the couple times I've dealt with him he has been extremely nice and one of the board members I hope to meet in the future.

For those that don't know he has been going thru a rough spot in life and he said this in a recent sales thread - "For the last several months I have had no real place to live, no access to supplies or printing methods for long stretches, No income, the need to prepare to move, then actually do it back and forth across the country twice, while dealing with the stress of the divorce, preparing a house for sale and leaving the city I have called home for 13 years." For someone as talented and friendly to be going thru this is a shame but at least he is not going thru it alone. With that being said I'd like to offer up my Vampirella 3 in FN+ for $40 shipped with all of it going to Shiverbones.

Vampirella%203%20Front_zpshykhzpr3.png

Feel free to buy the book or add your own book (s) if you want to help out a great guy. All money will go directly to Shiverbones.

:takeit:

I'll put up a raw NM+ copy of Detective Comics #27 - 1st Batman May, 1939 ( 1980's Oreo Cookies giveaway)

Don't have a scan to post as the book is in Lisbon. Book can only be shipped first week of September (when I get home)

$50 shipped worldwide. All proceeds to Shiverbones.

There are a lot of long-time supporters of Matthew that have paid for part or all of commissions and have been owed artwork for a long time (including me). I am hopeful that if you guys end up transmitting money to him, that it will get these long overdue pieces done.

There are a lot of long-time supporters of Matthew that have paid for part or all of commissions and have been owed artwork for a long time (including me). I am hopeful that if you guys end up transmitting money to him, that it will get these long overdue pieces done.

Agreed but a separate matter. It appears to me he needs some financial help getting things in order so he can get his art work completed. He is very talented but I know its hard to make ends meet when your world is crumbling down around you.

Agreed but a separate matter. It appears to me he needs some financial help getting things in order so he can get his art work completed. He is very talented but I know its hard to make ends meet when your world is crumbling down around you.

Amen brother... It's been over a year for me and I'm still recovering from the toll of it all. My heart goes out to him.

Amen brother... It's been over a year for me and I'm still recovering from the toll of it all. My heart goes out to him.

It was two years of hell for me. Couldn't sleep - kept getting anxiety attacks because I wasn't sleeping and kept thinking about ways to spend time with my daughter. Ended up losing a job over it but it of course could have been worse.

Vampirella%203%20Front_zpshykhzpr3.png

That's twice I missed out on this book.

I love Matthew and I love his artwork.

I'm in !

X-MEN # 94 - CGC 9.2 SA - APPARENT RESTORED - OWTWP

$600 with half going to Matt.

I will cover USA shipping on this... outside the USA is on the buyer though ;)

GPA states that a trimmed SA copy went for over $730 in Aug 2014. This one has just a small amount of color touch. A steal if you ask me :D

NO LONGER PART OF THE DONATION PROCESS

x94001_zpstngvhfb3.jpg

It was two years of hell for me. Couldn't sleep - kept getting anxiety attacks because I wasn't sleeping and kept thinking about ways to spend time with my daughter. Ended up losing a job over it but it of course could have been worse.

Yup.

Over eight years of phony complaints to cops, dozens of Children's Aid visits, process servers and other various nightmare from my ex was almost enough to make me do some pretty foolish things, but not quite.

After losing two houses (paying for one twice...long story), paying her silly amounts of cash for years, losing most of my stuff, declaring bankruptcy, her keeping my daughters from me for over six months and finally kicking her butt in court, I was able to slowly claw my way back out of the quagmire.

Looking back, I wouldn't change a thing...I have three beautiful grown-up daughters that I am very close to and remarried to Mrs Right this time lol.

So if I have any advice to give out of my experience, don't do anything stupid during the rough times, get a good lawyer and keep a daily log (not a diary, keep the feelings out of it) that documents everything you do. This can eventually be used as an affidavit in court, if need be.

Yup.

Over eight years of phony complaints to cops, dozens of Children's Aid visits, process servers and other various nightmare from my ex was almost enough to make me do some pretty foolish things, but not quite.

After losing two houses (paying for one twice...long story), paying her silly amounts of cash for years, losing most of my stuff, declaring bankruptcy, her keeping my daughters from me for over six months and finally kicking her butt in court, I was able to slowly claw my way back out of the quagmire.

Looking back, I wouldn't change a thing...I have three beautiful grown-up daughters that I am very close to and remarried to Mrs Right this time lol.

So if I have any advice to give out of my experience, don't do anything stupid during the rough times, get a good lawyer and keep a daily log (not a diary, keep the feelings out of it) that documents everything you do. This can eventually be used as an affidavit in court, if need be.

Great story. And I'm sure you would agree that a gift from someone would have made a huge impact when you were low. Matt seems to be heading in the right direction so let's give him a little boost to get back on top - that is my only goal.

I don't know Matt personally, but I'm happy to help him out. 100% of this sale will be going to him.

Take the following books for $50 shipped:

Tales to Astonish 65: VG/FN - chip top right corner, quarter inch top spine split, minor wear along spine around staples.

KsApA7kl.jpg

h3MBpF8l.jpg

Tales to Astonish 85: FN - spine wear.

Kz4I2Ivl.jpg

ohCk5ghl.jpg

Thor 149: FN/FN+ - First off, this book is dripping in gloss. A couple of spine ticks, chipping along top edge and bottom of spine half inch split.

CSOykmx.jpg

N9EcMmW.jpg

Thor 158: FN - BC top edge wear and minimal amount of water damage on BC. Nice mylar copy. ;)

nD3zBby.jpg

VVYEE5s.jpg

Thor 199: VF/NM - sharp book, very few spine ticks.

fZ90Wvf.jpg

xgpsQDq.jpg

Thor 194: FN+

Thor 195: FN-

Thor 202: FN/VF

Thor 280: VF+

IuVkCfsl.jpg

QPZ6axPl.jpg

OwOtMqOl.jpg

AkeMAyvl.jpg

I went down that road 13 years ago. Ex-Wife left me in financial ruins. She took my 2 kids, I was forced to move back home to my parents :blahblah: ...... same old story.

Today life is Great! I am now married to the best woman in the world, and have full custody of both my children!

What I would like to offer up is a copy of Fantastic Four #45. It WAS CGC graded 9.0 (Old Label). It is now cracked out of the case, and I don't think it has a shot at a 9.2. Label will be included with the book.

Asking $2000 for it. I would like to put $1600 in my pocket, and whatever is left after fees and shipping will be donated to the cause.

photo 20288907092_c008f2c51d_o_zpsb2quym18.jpg

photo 20271055296_b675466a46_o_zpskesrv66x.jpg

photo FF45front_zpsoc9eegap.jpg

Classy.

Classy.

There's probably room to help ALL of our own, including Matthew during his time of need, AND the boardies who have fronted him hundreds of dollars (or more, in total) for items they have not received.

The best case scenario is to get Matt back on his feet AND have him fulfill the commitments he's made to many many people.

It's not a zero sum game where we can only see that Matthew OR boardies that he owes get the help they each deserve.